Glenn Doman's books on Encyclopedic Knowledge

For all the parents who have purchased Glenn’s Book on Encylopedic Knowledge - please I would appreciate your review on the book.

I have purchased all but Encyclopedic Knowledge and the Physically Superb books.

I have found LOTS of overlap between the book - especially since the Multiply Your Baby’s Intelligence and How Smart is Your Baby both include reading, math and encyclopedic knowledge. However, obviously the math books have the extra info providing addition/subtraction etc that you can put on the back of cards 1-60, the reading has extra words/covers things in greater detail.

Is there very much extra information in the Encyclopedic Knowledge book eg. recommendations for what to put in card sets, BOI for lots of individual cards? Am I better off saving my $60 and putting it towards purcahsing cards to make/other educational DVDs?

Thanks for your help!

Where do you live that the book is 60$? It is availible on Amazon for $11 new (http://www.amazon.com/Give-Your-Baby-Encyclopedic-Knowledge/dp/0757001823/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238020769&sr=8-1). They ship internationally (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_navbox_hp_center_vod?nodeId=596184&#region). I’m sure it would be much cheaper than 60$. I found the most valuable part of the book to be the many templates offered. I have all of the books and although there is overlap, I found this topic to be complicated enough that I needed the additional details. Also it shows many ideas for categories and sets with the specific templates for the individual bits.

$60 Australian dollars … by the time you include conversion of US$ and shipping costs (and length of time waiting) it ends up being quite a fair bit for poor Australian parents

But it’s good to know about the templates and categories and sets.

mtb999,
I got all my Doman books from www.fishpond.com.au
They also usually do free shipping for orders over $50
I get most of the books I want through them. They have been really good. Great variety.
Hope this helps

I also bought my books from fishpond as well.

Thanks for the advice re: Fishpond.com.au. I think the Physically Superb book is only available in hard back which is why it’s over $50 … and the other sites either didn’t have Encyclopedic Knowledge or had to do a special order.

It sounds like the extra information provided in the EK book really helps you get your flash cards together so I guess I’ll buy it.

Cheers