Glen Doman Method

Hello :

I am so thrilled to be a part of this great forum. I am a mom of a 12 month old boy and I recently found out(read online) about IAHP and the Glen Doman method. I wanted to know if I was late since my boy is already a year old now? If not where and how to start? If this method is not recommended then what else can I opt for Early Learning for my child.

Kindly Help.
Thank you
PP118

12 months is definitely not too late! Many babies start a reading/maths programme at 12 or 15months and find it no harder than at 6 or 9 months. It is always good to start with reading Doman’s books, or at least everything you can find online about the programs. Start with either reading or maths (whichever you are more comfortable with) and prepare some flashcards (or trial LR/LM). Doman recommends showing each set 3x daily. Once you are comfortable showing reading cards, start with dots, then move on to EK bits. Remember to stop BEFORE baby gets bored!

Ok- Thank you Ezhik.
However should we show pictures or only the words

Doman says just the words, but lots of people show pictures with words - show the word, then the picture on separate cards (so the picture doesn’t distract from the word).

Good luck!