gingerbread house....HELP!

I am trying to make a gingerbread house for my kids this year. Its my first time. I made one but when I put the last sweet on the front wall…everything collapsed. Does anyone have some tips for me pls? I can use some help here!!! :unsure:

Do you plan to eat the gingerbread after?

My tip will only work if you plan to use it for decoration only. Ours is for decoration only (we don’t like the taste of gingerbread),so we use our hot glue gun to put it together. We still use icing sugar to put the candy decorations on, so those can be eaten. We struggled to keep our house together every year until a friend who is a cook gave us this tip.

Hi!

If you do plan to eat it, you can find a box that is about the right size, then put icing on the outside of the box and stick the walls to the box. Or,use lots of icing to stick the pieces together. Make sure you let the icing harden before decorating. It takes a while for the icing to harden. After that, we’ve found ours to be virtually indistructible. :wink:
Making gingerbread houses are so much fun. My boys love it. This year we baked gingerbread bricks and the boys built their own “houses” (some looked like towers, others looked more like a dugout lol ). But they had fun. And we’re already eating them. :biggrin:

Micheals craft store has a sale on the Ginger bread cake box. Also, they have a 50% off coupon until the 27th.

We do plan to eat it afterwards. I did use alot of icing but I think that maybe the marshmellows on the rooftop were getting a bit heavy and thats why it collapsed. i made the gingerbread men yesterday and my kids were so impressed and they found them delicious. I will try; with the box support.

We went to a family camp for Thanksgiving and they had a gingerbread-house contest. You’d be surprised how high and impressive some families were able to make their gingerbread house, using nothing but graham crackers and marshmellow cream. But, just like with building anything, you have to make sure you have a good foundation!