Geo Websites

http://www.kidsgeo.com/

This site has geology, geography, math, spelling, history, biology, and more. It is fun so far. I thought I would share.

Thanks for that. One of these days I’m going to copy and paste all the links everyone has put on Brillkids, cull out the repeats, in category order, and share them…

Actually ed has already started one. Have you seen it? Also I have an internet library on my website kidsinaction that is below. PM me if you are interested in it.

on here to see ed’s go to search library in the forum.

mother of faith
how do you use this geo site with your tiny kids ?? suggestions please
viv

I will get back to you when I have more info. We just now found it.

okay I have done a run through and come up with various ides;
first-read the story, show pictures, allow child to click. We use a digital projector so the kids can see it all over the wall.
Activities-planet flashcards, planet sort, planet match, planet big/small, planet order in orbit, planet description cards, planet # cards with a poster of them numbered, measure the planets earth vs the moon, vocabulary words, alphabet like v is for venus, decorate the planets with stickers or print out of the natural resources, bar graphing the natural resources for each planet, compare the old earth with the new earth, color matching, counting the planets, naming the planets game where you place the colored picture of each planet in a brown paper bag and allow the child to pull out the pic and say the name, planet name to picture match, number of planets order to number cards. Planet flip book, planet coloring books, planet writing sheets.
There are tons of ways, also if you have an audio learner then you can read and record on an mp3 or the computer the textbooks and allow the child to listen throught out the day.

I hope this helped? Let me know.