Genius In 28 Steps

Hi frenz,
I found this site about a couple month ago,its about famous genius family in Britain.They claimed as ‘Brain of Britain’ by The Times.I knew this family a long time ago,but did not know that they had produce this e-book;(Genius In 28 Steps)until I found their site,beside of the e-book,you can download for free educational/teaching tips.(just a simple sign up-name & email address) Its good to have they experienced raising their children to be geniuses.The best things is she said that an ordinary child can achieve the extraordinary.

Check it out http://www.learnerade.com/index.html

*For Malaysian,they will be come back to Malaysia on 4th July,so that payment to purchase the e-book(beside of credit card),it can be done by bank-in(atm)method.

Glad to share
:clown:

tq so much qisdhi mum, very gud info …appreciate it! harus iklan @ my blog…heheheh…tq dear!

Thank you very much! Karma to you! Seems like a good read… :slight_smile:

Questers.

Did you buy the ebook? Want to share? Does it have some secrets that aren’t shared on this site?

I also would appreciate if anyone can comment on their e-book. It looks very interesting.

Thanks

Hi and thanks for sharing! Can’t wait for feedback, maybe I can buy it too. I am not looking to raise geniuses, but well rounded kids to say the very least. Quite Inspiring!

Autumn

Question: How do I send Karma?

Thanks!!!

You should see a Karma+ besides the name of the person and you just need to click on it!!

Thanks for sharing qisdhi mom.

There are many readings nowadays!! And as other said, I am not trying to raise a genius, just that I would like to provide them with all opportunities! :slight_smile: Sometimes I think if I were given all these educational opportunities when I was baby, I may end up becoming a genius! :stuck_out_tongue:

Great site.
Thanks for sharing.

When I was considering buying YBCR a friend send me an article about forcing kids to be genius and it mentioned Sufi and its relationship with her father… I bought YBCR, LM & LR… I only hope my daughter can be a happy person before being a genius.

The article is in spanish
http://www.semana.com/noticias-vida-moderna/genios-fuerza/120708.aspx

I am only part way though the book, but I find it refreshly simple so far. The goal, like with the Doman Method is primarly to have CHILDREN ENJOY LEARNING. Here is one quote from a section on developing focus.

“If he is having fun with something on his own…try to avoid distracting him yourself- It doesn’t even matter if what he is doing is constructive or not.”

My 2 year old loves making action figures wrestle. It’s nice to know that just having fun with this can help him develop one of the most essential skills, focus…

I have not read the book and to be honest after some research I’m not sure I would like to get it. I have to be honest, I doubted before posting this link, but I decided to do so because it may help as a reminder to some of us why we are doing this and what we really are looking for from our children with all this teaching methods. We just want the to enjoy learning, right? We are humans, so it may be easy to get caught up in this exciting adventure and go away from our initial ideas of why we are doing this. The bottom of the article really caught my attention…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/features/3636101/Sufiah-Yusof---child-genius-revealed-as-prostitute.html

Everything is up to you,you as a parents,you can make the right decision for your kids.Get our kids to be a genius is not a big deal.Its how we approach it.For me teach baby to be genius is same way as creative learning;(like we had done here)BUT,I beg you,PLEASE DON’T JUMP INTO CONCLUSION!!!(by reading the article)I’s not like what you had think.I will try my best to communicate with Sufiah mom’s so she can elaborate about it here.

qisdhi mom,

As I said before the main idea of posting this link was to “help as a reminder to some of us why we are doing this and what we really are looking for from our children with all this teaching methods”. If someone’s goal is to have a genius that is totally up to the parent like you said, but hopefuly they don’t push the kid to a limit that at the end may be driving him/hger to be one of the bad cases at the bottom of the article. I doubted to post the link because it is a touchy subject, BUT it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be discussed, as doing this with love and for the right reasons is crucial for the well-being of our kids. As you said nobody can’t really know what happend and if the way the kids were raised had anything to do with her “career choice”. I just didn’t jump into a conclusion by reading this article, before posting it, I did some research because I didn’t want to link a sensationalist article, but something that could be of some use for some people. Like you can see in this thread it is a concern, because we are humans!

http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/do-you-get-worried-that-it’s-not-really-for-the-kids/

There are plenty of articles and even a interview of her explaining why she chose that career. I just linked one article that had some other interesting information about some prodigy kids.

I’m sorry if you were offended or if it offended some other people, it definetly was not the intention. However, I think it totally legitimate to port information we think may be relevant.

lol never mind dear…its ok,what I’m trying to do is just share some info :wink:

well,regarding to that matter,this is what Sufiah mom’s had told me:-

Regarding Sufiah, most of what I want to say on the topic is already on
the website:

http://www.learnerade.com/sstory1.html

I apologise if it’s a little hard to follow, but I had to compress 25
years of history into ten pages! It’s probably best to read the whole
story slowly and in order, so that you can get a clear picture of how
events unfolded. Thankfully, most families will not have to live through
circumstances as difficult as those my children and I had to face.

Best regards,
Halimahton

:frowning:

by the way,for all Malaysian,Learnerade just returned to Malaysia and had launched the Programme -Baby & Toddler Preschool Classes.Those who are interested may read part of the info here:-

Genius Preschool Programme

We’ve just launched the Genius Preschool Programme in KL/PJ,
which is a series of interactive workshops for parents with children
aged 0-5. These classes will be focused on teaching the basic skills
that will give your child a substantial head start in the crucial first
five years.

Among other things, I’ll be showing you how to teach your baby or
toddler to become excellent at reading, writing, and basic maths.
For example, many people ask us how exactly they can get their
child to read and write before age 3 – and we’ll be demonstrating
how to do such things in the classes.

As in my book, we’ll emphasise teaching in a way that is fun for the
child, with learning activities that are built upon your child’s natural
curiosity. We’ll also discuss practical issues such as what to do
when your child doesn’t want to learn, how to teach a highly active
child, and so on.

• Start date: Oct 1. Before the classes start, we want to give parents and
    children enough time to practice some “basic” learning activities (if
    necessary!) so they can get the most out of the classes.

What we normally do is arrange a free appointment with the parent and
child, so we can talk about what you want your child to learn. Based on
this information, we can make sure the classes are a “good fit” for you
and your child, see if there’s anything that needs to be worked on before
the classes start, etc.

• Fees: Flexible depending on the type and length of programme you want to
    this during the appointment.

• Length of each class: There will be two 1-hour classes per week, but for
    best results it’s very important that the activities covered in the
    classes be reinforced further at home. However, this doesn’t need to take
    up much of your time – for a young child, 30 minutes each day should be
    enough! We will provide free materials and handouts in each class for you
    to take home.

If you’d like to book a free appointment, just let us know when you’d like
to come; which day would be best for you? For your information, we live in
Opal Damansara near the Curve and 1 Utama – here’s a map:

http://www.learnerade.com/images/opalmap.jpg

or feel free to visit http://www.learnerade.com/classes-intl.html

Thanks for sharing the link. It definetly explains things much better. Which made me think about another point and it is that we need to make sure no other people push our kids out of limits (in this case her father) but sometimes is a teacher or a coach, etc. I’m also glad to hear Sufiah is doing so much better and that the dad is out of the picture.