Gave birth to a lovely boy!

Hi everyone,

I gave birth to a lovely boy on Dec 18th. My expected date of delivery was 22nd January, but gave birth before that… It was a normal delivery… :smiley:
Me and my baby are doing fine, but now baby is having a cold… I’m worried about about that cox i’m a first time mother and am confused on what i should do… Will go to doc tomorrow, for now i’m eating lots of fruits…

Hope baby will be fine sooner. I will be very happy if u all could advice me on the cold thing…

Love to all on this wonderful happiness…

Congrats!!

For baby colds, I really don’t do anything but nurse a lot. Since he’s your only one, you could just mostly relax with the baby all day… and being next to you, he’ll probably nurse more which will help his body fight the cold. Before a feeding, if he has trouble breathing and eating at the same time, you can suction his nose. Some people use a saline or even a squirt of breastmilk in the nose for a minute or so to soften and help suction better.

Hang in there! Newborn colds can be heartbreaking, but it shall pass soon.

Congrats on the new addition!! I’m a first time mother as well. Thank god for sites like this… As far as your babies cold goes, I’d do what Maquenzie says. If she’s stuffy, which she prob is, just use the saline stuff with the syringe and it should clear her nose for a lil while. Lucky for me, my 5 month old has not had a cold yet. I have been sick a couple of times since she’s been born, but surprisingly enough, she never got sick. Good luck

Congrats! Use saline for the nose and feed the baby that will help keep the immune system up. Try not to worry too much everything will be ok.

Congratulations!!!

Erm, I advice check with he pediatrician, my personal recommendations are Dr. Niyaf or Dr. Zumra… Just in case, to be sure… cos these are the first days of his life…

While at it, also take him to the kitchen when you cook, so that he can feel the steam, or rather give him a good steam bath… and I tell you if you keep bathing him with lukewarm water, it only makes the cold stay, I learnt it out of expereince, every time newborns are bathed with lukewarm, they build a cold and it lingers, and usually if you just give him the bath with normal water, it does better!

PS… this applies to our country’s weather only!!! please dont try it in ur winters :wink:

Congratulations!!!
hope your baby is ok now. wish you all the best and lots of love to your family.

congratulations!!! it’s always so exciting those first days where you seem to float. i agree that nursing is your best bet. you can also put some breast milk drops into his nose and see if that helps. good luck

Congratulations!!!
My son had a runny nose and it cleared up in a couple days.
They call breastmilk Mother’s Liquid Gold

Thank you very much for all the replies…

I’ve tried what u have suggested and now he is great… :smiley:

Hi amath, Congratulation for your fist baby. I know I am late here to congrats you but still it is not very late. I know how was you were feeling to be a mom. It is really very great day for every woman’s life to be a mom. Anyway congrats again.

boys toys

Hug, cuddle and enjoy. I sure miss those days. They grow up to way to quick.