Games for Right brain teaching

I recently took Tweedlewink Overview Course that is available for online training from www.rightbrainkids.com. They recommend to introduce right brain games as child grows from infant stage and needs more interaction then just pasive looking at the flashing the flashcards.
I though it would be nice if we share what types of right brain games we play with our children so we can inspire one another.

I guess everyone knows matching games. As it is said on Right Brain Kids website - “What is the next step after flashcards?” Matching cards!
Flashcards involve the reception of information. Matching cards encourages interaction. It welcomes the left brain to play with images flashed to the right side of the brain. This creates a whole-brain experience!
You can use - Colors matching cards, Shapes matching cards, Match matching cards, Words matching cards, Phonics matching cards and so on.
Phonics matching cards:
STEP 1: Match picture to picture (carrot = carrot)
STEP 2: Match phonic to picture (“c” is at the beginning of “carrot” = carrot)
STEP 3: Match phonic to phonic (c = c)
Words matching cards:
STEP 4: Match picture to word
STEP 5: Match phonic to word
STEP 6: Match word to word

Another game is using TOUCH Charts. Touch Charts are incredible learning tools. They are designed to compact entire flashcards sets onto one page. By showing each set as a whole unit, and then quickly pointing to each information byte – from beginning to end – data is processed at a deeper level of understanding. When you use the child’s own finger to quickly press on (or point to) each box while you simultaneously announce the image, the visual-auditory-kinesthetic senses are employed, creating a much richer experience for your child.
It is recommended to use Phonics and Math touch charts but there are really no limits…

I am pretty new to this so I can’t think of any games to suggest but I thought you had some great ideas. Karma to you for your ideas and this great topic.

For those of us using YBCR, they have a card game available that has 2 of every card for matching.

Could you please tell me what YBCR means?

It’s a trademark, short for Your Baby Can Read. Check here:

http://www.yourbabycanread.com/

:slight_smile: ic, the program looks great. Do you know if I can get it in Europe?

THEY SHOULD SAY ON THE SITE, OR YOU CAN EMAIL THEM AND ASK.

I did this already, but no luck (sigh) I thought someone might know. Thanks anyways :slight_smile:

I just looked, and it appears that they only ship to the US and territories and Canada, but look on ebay. You can find better deals there, and some sellers will ship worldwide!