Future parent getting prepared for teaching my baby

Hi,

I am married, 30. I am from Brazil. I plan to have my first child next year and I have been looking on the net methods for teaching my child. I would love to teach him english together with portuguese, but the problema I am facing is that there absolutely no tool to teach babies in portuguese, while there are dozens of options in english.

From what I found so far, I liked the YBCR and Tweedlewink, an LR and LM as well. LR and LM are ok because you can edit the material you use, so I can create portuguese content, but regarding TW and YBCR, what to do??

thanks all

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15

Some of the Dora the explorer DVDs have the option of playing in portuguese (it lists the languages on the back down the bottom). That could help from after 2 years of age…play it in English, then portuguese…

hi! welcome to the forum.i am glad to see you here.i found this forum very
interesting and infomative.you can ask any question that you wish to know,
more about .all the members here are ready to help,and share your experiences
too. hope to hear from you…

i am the first person to give you a karma :biggrin:

Welcome, Timmy!

you are so grate. welcome dear. your baby must be lucky to have a mom like you

Welcome! :slight_smile:

you’re welcome! It’s very good that you’re starting o research and get ready to teach your baby even before birth, most people get to know about child education after the baby’s born and so miss out on the vital periods.