Fun questions kids asks....

Hi All,
Could anyone share the list of questions kids asks to their parents like why sky is blue in color? Also list of questions parents can ask their kids to make them to think? I would be glad if anyone could share this. Thanks in advance.

Whatever the question, often asking “What do you think?” before answering helps the child to use their reasoning skills. :slight_smile:
My kids talk a lot but nothing pops in mind just now… :biggrin:
Anyway,welcome to the forum creative7584!

My older son who will be three end of this month, has been asking, about where babies come from? For now we have been telling him from Mom’s tummy!! :slight_smile:
This was the first thing that came into mind. I will post more fun questions as I think of them.

:slight_smile: hi there …is there any out there that answers those questions??? thanks

My son used to ask all of the stumpers!! Too bad I can’t remember them. I can answer some of them, but not so that a child can understand. :frowning: It’s hard to explain something complicated when you must explain the explination.
If your shild asked the questions just give them the best answer you can. So they lose interest after (Why is the sky blue?) turns into a 15 minute lecture. Their loss of interest is better than you lieing to them and telling them the first thing that comes to mind. If you are close to a computer with the internet just look up the answer.
My favorite one was always…If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

howstuffworks.com is an excellent site to look it up. i think when my kid starts asking such questions…i would be very proud! it means they are thinking and asking why, rather than take things as us adults have layed them out. i would encourage it rather than descourage it so that they lose interest! :clown:

if you are not close to the internet…tell them you will look it up at night and explain to them. get them close to teh computer or study it beforehand and then explain to them using pictures. you can foster their interest in science, which too many of us lose in the beginning. their loss of interest is definately not better!! :tongue:

i can understand often times explanations are difficult and not layed out as kids…in that case go to the library and look up kids books. but kids are use to us providing explanations of things that they don’t understand…thats how they learned to talk! we use sooo many different words in every situation, yet they still figure it out. sooner or later your explanation will stick in their head also and they willl figure it out!

I was saying that their loss of interest in asking questions would be a good thing. But simply that they would listen only for soo long if you were to give them a long lecture. In either case the point was that it’s better to tell them what you know for fact rather than lieing and saying something like “the sky is a mirror and reflecting the blue of the ocean”.
If you know that the blue is the color we see after refration of light off of gasses in the atmosphere then say so. If they child becomes disinterested in the longer version it IS better then believing Mom or Dad knows all when they haven’t a clue. I wasn’t saying bore your kids to tears so they stop asking questions.
Oh by the way, I looked up a website FAQkids.com that has the answers to tons of questions like this just for kids. Even if they don’t have the answer, type the question into the search bar, someone is bound to know the answer.
If you make using the internet a habit to answer your kids question you need help with, it teaches your kids that looking for the right answer is better then never finding out, or worse being lied to.

My sister’s child apparently asked at 2 and a half: Why am I feeling happy? How on earth do you answer that? Questions like: why did the dog die? also become hard because if they generalise to everything dies then it can create fear. I know my sister explained death as something that happens when someone is very sick or old. This is not always true and she did have to answer the question: “Mummy will you die?” once too.

My daughter has not started asking too many questions yet, but I did get: “Why do I not have a baby sister?”

Some questions are easily answerable - or you can look them up which definitely helps a child want to learn and find out how to get the answer. Others take a parental decision about what is appropriate for a young child and yet still honest without traumatising the child. I guess you just deal with each question one at a time.