fun and easy homemade book

I have a lot of people ask me about the book I made my son!
So here is how I did it!

My son loves this book and it was very simple to make:

First I choose bright color full pictures that would catch his attention!
(This picture ia a example of the pictures i choose)

After choosing the perfect pictures I simple printed them out on regular printer paper!

Except for the colors for that I just choose the right color construction paper then cut in down to the same size as the printer paper, once it was the right size I used the paint program on windows to print the name of the color on the page in large letters!
(For black I used a white out pen to outline the word)

I bought a three ring binder and a bunch of sleeve protectors!

Once all of the previous steps were completed I just put the pages in the protector’s two pages in each protector so the pictures would show on the front and back of each page.

The last step is to just give your child some things such as a marker or stickers and let then decorate there new book! (Don’t for get to give it a title)

The great thing is you can always add new pages full of fun new things!

Wow , thanks for sharing this. This would be a good idea for the future books (stage 3 onwards for Doman reading too) I loved the binder idea along with the sleeve protector. I think this makes the job easy and the book becomes easy to care for. BTW the pictures look very very nice, bold and attractive. they stand out very well compared to other commercial books which have a lot of extraneous materials as well. Karma points to you.

this is really great and soooo easy, I’m getting to work tomorrow :slight_smile:

we’ve done a couple with brag books… you know those little photo books that people give to you for your shower? i got like 20 of them!! now that i have finally figured out what to do with them i wish i hadn’t given so many away! my dd’s favorite is her family book… she calls it her ‘you’ book because when we look at the pictures of her we say ‘it’s you!’. anyway… the sizes are perfect for index cards that you can buy in sheets at staples.

Thanks for sending me the flash cards and books. I havent had a look at them yet, but will do so when printer is working. Sounds good though.

That is neat! Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Good thinking. My daughter has such an appetite for books. It is hard to keep up. That would be a cool way of making new books all the time. I think I am going to make one with pictures of our family in it. Thank you for the idea.

You can also print from powerpoint presentations that you really like.

You can print the whole thing or just one slide from it to get just the picture you are looking for.

When you are in the powepoint you want. Click print then in the pop up window 2/3 of the way down it will have print range. You can choose all or just 1 slide(here you enter the slide # you want)

Then 3/3 of the way down is Print what:
make sure is says Slide

I’ve tried to add a picture. I hope it appears.

hello Munster, it is a good idea to make books like that, thanks for sharing. It looks like the pictures you used (that I see on the photos) are from the FisherPrice web site, but there you can only download them as coloring pages, black and white, pdf format. Im wondering which program to use for coloring them if I want to print color pictures and not spend hours coloring them by pencil. Thanks for any tips.

i use the simple paint program on window i just used the fill setting instead of the paint brush setting!

Thank you Munster, I was trying to figure this out since ages, what a simple solution, I feel so enlightened I’m giving you karma, you just made my life soooo much easier…

:slight_smile: cute ideas. Thank you.

wow, thanks for the idea.