Frequency of lessons&when to introdcue a new topic?

Hi All,

First of all I apologise if this is a silly question. I am new to all this and ahve just downloaded and printed out ‘Animals’ and ‘Parts of the Body’ flashcards. I have a 6 month old little girl and wanted to get started tomorrow…but was wondering how long do you do it with them for, how often and when do you introdcue new flashcards???

Thanks for any feedback,
Regards,
Maz

Are you using Little Reader? If you are, then the curriculum does all that for you already. We retire one word each day from each of the 3 main Categories and add a new one. So all you need to do is just follow it and press PLAY each day.

But please note that there are no rules about this. Go faster or slower depending on your child’s attention and interests.

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought I would start with the flashcards so have downloaded some of them. How long do you do the same set for and when do you move onto a new set?

I devide the flash cards and words into sets of 3. Each day, I introduce my son a sets of three new word and revise a set of three old words. Each set of three words was taught in 5 days. For examle:
Monday: 3 words: cat, dog, mouse
Tuesday: revise 3 ok old words: cat, dog, mouse and introduce 3 new words: pig, horse, cow
Wednesday: revise 2 sets of 3 words introduced on Mon and Tue; then introduce 3 new words, ex: chicken, duck, goat.
Keep going to Saturday, I put out the set of three first words (cat, dog, mice), rivise 4 sets of words introduced from Tue to Fri and introduce a set of 3 new words.
My son is 10 months old, a set of three is ok for him. Yours is just 6 months old, you can make a set of 1 or 2, it depends on you and your baby.
Good luck! :slight_smile: