Free/low cost ideas that don't involve TV or computer

In order to get some balance back into our lives, I’m trying to find activities that don’t cost the earth and that don’t involve the TV or computer. I was going through old posts today and I came across a link to www.earlylearningathome.com. Many of you may know about this site already, but for those of you who don’t, it has lots of videos with lovely early learning teaching ideas that won’t cost the earth. Tomorrow, I will be trying the alphabet butterflies.

If you have any other ideas or website suggestions, please post here!

Wow, great website! Thanks so much for posting.

Thanks for the link!
I found some fantastic prewriting activities here, an area where my LO needs a bit of work! Signing has really helped her dexterity, and she is spelling well, but cannot really write more than the letter A! Plus, we LOVE nature and collecting rocks, bugs, worms, leaves, anything that should be outside. (A snuck a dead roach in from the garage yesterday to ‘feed’ to her stuffed hen! Mommy had to hide the cringe and get out the magnifying glass and a jar to put it in…) I found a plethora of ideas for outdoor learning ideas…

I went through loads of the videos last night and took two pages of notes. That mom has so many wonderful ideas

Excellent website that was mentioned a few times in different discussions before, thank you for bringing it back to our attention! I personally always loved simple hands on activities, and we often get ideas from here :slight_smile:

www.dltk-teach.com seems excellent also