Free language downloads (Flashcards) in over 70 languages - great for all ages!

Hey everyone,

Just came across this great website for flashcards covering general topics such as colours, days of the week, meeting and greeting etc and includes pronuncation and pictures too. Not sure if you are all aware of this site, just thought i’d like to share it with you.

Link: http://www.byki.com/

Cheers :slight_smile:

nick31600,

Have you tried it? Sometimes it sells as a nice place but ask for a lot of information before giving you free stuff.
It looks good.
Please tell us if you received your free stuff without too much work.

nic31600,

Thank you so much for the link. It looks like a really good resource. I’m going to try it with my dd and I’ll let you know how she does. It may be good for adults. I’m not too sure about kids, but we’ll give it a try.

Karma to u!

I did the download of french and follow the first 2 lessons. It is a very good refresh. When finishing french i will give a try to another language. It is very good.

karma to you nic31600

thanks and karma to you nic31600
does anybody know if it is possible to import all free lists of a certain language at once?

This is a very good link.

Thanks for sharing it !
Karma to you nic31600.

The best part it has sound, pic and words (total multi-sensory)

They had used translator s/w (so need to check how effective it is)

– Kreena

Thanks for sharing the site, nic31600 - karma to you for sharing a great resource. :slight_smile:

You’re right, it does look quite interesting, and I think it’s a platform even I can learn from. :yes: Although I think the target may be for a more mature audience, I’m interested to find out how well this works if you try it out with your kids.

Could someone tell me exactly what this program is about? is it a software to download, which then flash cards?

yes
in 70 languages with sound
u can also use it online but then print is smaller
this is why it is better to download the free software
hope this helps

example of 1 of 584 German flash cards with sound to be used online (smaller print as compared to using free downloadable software)
http://www.byki.com/lists/GERMAN/studio-d-A1-Unit-1-Cafe-d.html

some of the free flashcards with sounds even have pictures (more interesting to use with kids I suppose)
http://www.byki.com/lists/German/100-words-german-topic-1.html

thanxs a lot for sharing this infor

Many thanks!

I’m also looking for a danish one, if anyone could share I appreciate!

hi I am lookig for all kinds of english language softwares.
Any links /tips to share?
Thank you very much.

lelask,
I do not know if you had the chance to watch the program from the BBC: Early Adavantage. It consist of 3 DVD that comes with 5 languages: english, spanish, french, italian and german. The video is for toddlers, not babies and somewhat like a cartoon wher kids learn basic words.
My grandson is 3.5 years and he likes it. Especially when we switch languages.
Hope this is usefull