Free Christian preschool curriculum online

I was just looking into preschool curriculum online and there are lots of things out there. I found one that I’m going to give a try for now. It’s: http://abcjesuslovesme.com/ . Navigating their site isn’t too easy but once I got to the curriculum, it looks like something that I can work with. One thing I’m wondering about is with regards to handwriting and letters. I’m trying to decide if my daughter is ready to follow the instructions for “the correct way” to write her letters. I don’t want her to get into bad habits with writing her letters. For now I’m just having her practice tracing dotted line patterns.

I have looked at this website before teaching my own DD to write and while I did not use their methods completely I did stay away from tracing most of the time - I think we did a tiny bit of tracing after she had learnt to form all her letters just to neaten up the handwriting a little. I actually do believe in letting them form their letters without the tracing asletter formation is important and is not taught unless you watch them trace every letter and correct any incorrect letter formation - I think parents are usually lazy when there is a thing to trace and just leave their children to do it alone with little guidance and that is why it is often a disaster.

I also used blank paper and no lines initially followed by single lines later and it is only now that my DD has turned 5 that I can really start teaching her to write in the lines (she has been writing ON lines up til now and we have gradually fixed letters that hang below the lines and also letter sizing relative to each other so she is ready to move on).

Do you know of a website that has specific “learning to write” info & videos? I’m sure there are different ways to teach writing the letters. Not sure what is “proper” or what is being taught in schools now.

I sit with my daughter and do the tracing. I’m using it mostly to see where she’s at. Up until now, I haven’t done a lot of “formal” teaching. i just let her doodle and draw. She’s started to try to write actual letters & numbers on purpose so I figured we’d go with that interest. :slight_smile: She’s eager to learn so I’m combining doing my own homeschooling with taking her to a “homeschool” group that meets once a week.