Formula & Breastfeeding (note on eliminating dairy products at bottom)

So in 2010 I found out how truly aweful conventional formula is. Please see dr. Mercolas website and type in infant formula for all the research.

I breastfed my son until 8 1/2 m old and supplemented with Good Start Soy Formula, and then Good Start Natural Cultures. I had also pumped milk using Lansinoh Double Electric Breast Pump. The pump did a great job but I hated the beeping noise! Also, I drank lots of Yogi Woman’s Nursing Mom Tea which helped me to produce lots of milk.

We were really happy with the Good Start brand but wanted to switch to a more organic formula. So after 10 months old, we started giving him Earth’s Best Organic Infant Formula . In order for him to still receive the probiotic benefits we would either add Udo’s Choice Infant’s Blend Probioticor HAPPYBELLIES Multigrain Cereal, Organic, Contains DHA and Probiotics to his formula. We first noticed how quickly this formula dissolved/fuzzed up compared to GSNC which was harder to dissolve and would often clump/chunks.

Ethan took it right away without any problems and we didn’t notice any change from the switch. He is now 12 months old and still taking this formula. I personally think it offers much more nutrition than just cow’s milk. I’m planning on still giving him formula until 2 years old. However, it will be changed soon to the stage 2 type, for older infants.

note on eliminating dairy products topic post:

Ok, so i’ve just read 4 pages of numerous posts. What I’ve gathered from reading all of them is basically, SOY is bad, Cows Milk & Dairy is bad, Almond milk is also bad, flaxseed oil is bad…and I think there was more??

Goats milk may offer a better alternative. I’ll conduct more research on this matter. I am currently giving my 12 month old son Earths Best Organic formula and was planning on continuing giving him formula until the age of 2 due to all the minerals/vitamins and nutritional value in the formula.

*** if only I would’ve known what I know now, I would’ve never gave Ethan packaged infant formula.

Check this out http://www.kidessentials.com/Pages/homepage.aspx

It’s like ensure for kids. It has tons of nutrients and a probiotic straw. Your son is old enough to drink it instead of formula. My son’s doc gave me some samples, and he loved it! I just can’t give it to him anymore b/c it made him go poop like 5 times a day (he already goes 2 or 3 times so the probiotics just made him go more).

Thanks for the advice, I went to their site and was looking for suger content but they did not list it. It seems to contain many of the same ingredients as formula but is not organic. I will look into it some more. I wonder which product is more cost friendly? Formula vs. kid essentials?

By the way, your boy is cute in his pic.! :clown:

You live in the US, right? It cost about $10 for a 6 pack, but I see them on sale all the time and you can find coupons. They’re also on WIC if you get that.