For those that do both reading and math…

What is your routine? I have been showing about 40 words per session 3 times a day. I show each slide for 3 seconds so the whole thing is over in a couple minutes. My daughter gets mad when it is over and wants me to play more. I have been thinking of adding math after the reading. Not sure how to go about that. TIA

Hi There,

We do math as well as reading. My son LOVES, LOVES, LOVES the reading. He’s not so excited about the math. Therefore I always show the Math directly before reading. Reading is never first or he’d be too bored with the math.

As for Math, I do 20 numbers and three equations. I retire 2 numbers and add 2 new ones each day. To break it up a bit, I show 10 numbers, then immediately show the next 10. Sounds strange, but often my son will not pay attention to the first set, but will be glued to the second. I think he just needs a warm up. Therefore I alternate which set is first. So I’ll do #1, #2, Equations. Then the next session I’ll show set #2, #1, Equations. This is just what’s working with my son right now.

Hope this was helpful.
Good luck!

We do both and my son loves it all. Right now I do reading first and then math second. I do this mainly because I show him alot more words in reading than i do in math. I have moved beyond the initial stages where i was doing many sets a day so math isn’t as busy as it used to be:) We are on sequencing now and he still enjoys every session. Good Luck and Take Care!!

Sahar