food

hi guys,
i was wondering what you chose to feed your children. specifically one and a half year olds, or older. i always try to get her to eat organic, and this is what we all end up eating since my daughter much prefers to eat off my plate. it’s like she doesn’t trust me to give her something as good as what i am having. she is right of course, when she was smaller i could get away with all sorts of nutritious stuff. anyway, any suggestions for healthy food a toddler will eat?
thanks,
liza

Hi,
My son prefers what I eat: when I think it is not ok for him, I eat, when he sleeps… I cook him a lot of vegetables: carrot, potato, tomato, egg plant, lettuce, beetroot, pumpkin, gourd, etc. He likes when I put little spices as well. Cooked vegetable(s) with pasta, and a little chicken always ok for him. Or spinach with little garlic, salt and an egg. First I cook the spinach with little salt and olive oil, then cool it a little bit, mix with the garlic, boil again with the egg. I heard, that children rarely like it:my son does…

A while ago we learned that sesame is one of the richest stuff in Calcium. So our son had his meals, either salad or anything else with sesame paste 100% (Tahina, from the Arabian shops). Although it’s a little bitter, he loves it. (His blood tests proved after a while that he has A LOT of calcium).
Also, we use grey pea and lentil as basis for various foods.
After introducing real food in his diet he had his own meals, healthy, not like ours… But as he grew he wanted to have what we had… so I tried to cook a food suitable for all of us. He likes spices too. He loves garlic and onion - he eats them like I eat apples… but he doesn’t like apples as much…

Some of the richest foods in minerals or necessary aminoacids for a child etc. are not all that tasty… are bitter… or sour… My son likes them though.

Maybe a consult with a naturopath or similar can give more ideas. Maybe he or she can give a specific diet suitable for the child’s body and tastes.

thanks so much. i knew about tahini, actually, you can just grind up some sesame seeds yourself, in a coffee grinder, and make it. if you were an organics freak that is. since most tahini available isn’t organic and seeds really seem to concentrate everything. i have also been putting some brewers yeast on my daughter’s food. a sprinkle here and there when she isn’t looking. this doesn’t work when she wants to eat from my plate though. also, to her oatmeal i sometimes add some goat colostrum. just in case it helps, right :slight_smile: