Food for 8 months old!!!

I am a mother of 8 months old. I breastfeed my child 3-4 times a day. Also, I give her cerelac (2 small scoops) twice a day and one cracker a day. I was just wondering what type of nutritious foods (other than cerelac) can be given to my child? Could you please share what type of foods or recipes you gave to your children? Thanks in advance.

Try making your own baby food from fruits and veggies. This is a great site http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

My daughter was eating pretty much the same meals as me at 8 months (I cook almost everything myself).
If i was doing steamed vegetables (with garlic and a little bit of chili :-), she would have this. Most of her food was finger food at that time, as i was really big on her feeding herself early on with either a spoon or her hands. (But i must add she had many teeth very early on. :yes: )
For breakfast she would have porridge with soy milk and a mashed banana or wholemeal bread with cheese, lunch usually thin slices on chicken from the grill/tuna/a slice of ham + veggies (either chopped up finely, mashed, or a finger food), and for dinner soup, pasta with tomato sauce, yogurt… From memory she wasn’t snaking a lot throughout the day and had a good appetite for the 3 main meals.
She’s been eating on her own since she was 9mo with a spoon and meals are really hassle free. I DO have to clean up a lot once she is finished and i agree my life would be easier if i was feeding her myself but i love that she’s so independent.
These days she definitely likes food with strong flavors such as blue cheese, gerkin, garlic etc…

Thanks Nhockaday for the great site!!

‘Boost your child’s immune system: optimum nutrition for strong, fit and healthy children’ by Lucy Burney, is a great book! It includes recipes.

At that age my daughter didn’t like anything very sophisticated. I just pureed all kinds of veggies and fruits and froze them. I used the website that nhockaday recommended. I’ll recommend to buy containers that can be frozen. I did ice cubes of food for months and then put them in separate ziploc bags, but once I bought the containers I wished I had gotten them sicne the beggining. This are the ones I got. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V8LCA8/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001PQ6KOS&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1ETBETHAKSCZ9P13SS16 They are a bit pricy, but worth it.

These are the ones I got http://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Baby-Easy-Breast-Trays/dp/B0007CS4EU/ref=pd_sim_ba_4

i would highly recommend you to start offering chewable food…
a great recipe my son loved was pasta with my own home made sauce…
just sauteed onion n grated garlic…n then a pinch of tomato paste n chipped carrots and red bell pepper… u make the veggies really small cubed… n mix with pasta… i cook pasta, drain n add butter before mixin with the sauce… it tasts really good… by the way i also mix tuna as its cheaper here compared with chicken n beef!

also my fav recipe site for Kyle
www.weelicious.com

Thank you for such great sites for making baby food. Since we bought a juicer I will be making baby food for my second grandchild. My grandson loves Humus.