Focusing on words in YBCR

Hi,
New to the site so forgive if the topic has been covered or addressed. I’m doing the YBCR system with my 6-month old, and often have a hard time getting him to focus on the words. He does seem more engaged with the DVD than the books/cards, but still tends to look around while words are displayed. Any tips or advice? I just want to be sure his time is well spent with the program if he isn’t always looking at the words.

Thanks!

Kids still pick up on the words, even if they are not 100% focused.

The cards are designed for little ones and your baby at six month is picking up a lot more than you can imagine .They are extremely smart so don’t worry just enjoy the time bonding and teaching because she is learning. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I had the same problem and my son never seemed to really pick up the words in YBCR. He would just watch the part with the kids. I switched to preschool prep meet the sight words and he learned the first 15 words in less than a week. SO it may be that the format is just not right for your child.

Try seating them on your lap and giving them a running commentary on what’s happening on the screen. Point to it, exclaim on interesting parts, etc. etc.

My daughter at 18 months does the same with her YBCR and Signing time video’s and yet has obviously picked up the information because she will do a sign or read a word that I thought she hadn’t noticed. Keep playing them I am sure your baby is learning.

I am interested in the preschool prep meet the site words though. I had never heard of that one. Can you share the website please.

Hi,
The following website is from the Preschool Prep Company
http://www.preschoolprepco.com/h/s/mtl.php

Cheers.

Thank you so much. I will check them out! :biggrin: