FLASHCARDS youTube playlist of 26+ different videos: Presidents, Explorers, etc.

FLASHCARDS video play list link: Here is a link to around 26+ videos. The videos and play list are called “In a nutshell” - like a Glenn Doman “Gentle Revolution” Encyclopedic Knowledge or “bits of intelligence” series (www.iahp.org). Some repeat the same material and have the occasional mispronunciation- none are “perfect”. All videos are of me quickly “flash carding” through all of the different Fandex series flash cards:

U.S. Presidents
50 U.S. States
World Explorer’s
Old Testament
Modern (architectural) Wonders of the World
New York City
Washington D.C.
Insects and Bugs
Wild Flowers (scientific names…some slightly mispronounced perhaps…)
Trees: leaves, bark
Ancient Egypt: Mummies, Gods, Pharaohs
Africa
Dog Breeds

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLufsorRHlC-b8sUlmXRcTdyU-OU4M7CGs

I also have MANY, MANY valuable teaching and entertainment resources of all types - check out all of the play lists - on

my youtube channel

"EDU-TAINMENT"l:

https://www.youtube.com/JamesHGraff

Sorry, about all of the youtube ads.
I truly hope this is as helpful as possible.

Thanks!!
James

Thanks for the youtube videos. Nice job.

Your flashcards look professional. Mind if I ask where you purchased them?

Thanks in advance,

John

They are almost all from “FANDEX GUIDES”. I buy EVERYTHING that I can USED from garage sales, craigslist.com, EBAY.com and NOW AMAZON.com has LOTS of used goods for sale (you’ll see other prices - used and new selling price “OFFERS” -from other retailers on almost every Amazon page now). Everything that I can’t find used I simply purchase at a discount through EBAY or AMAZON or from the original manufacturer or retail site.

Glenn and Janet Doman deserve almost all the credit - (www.iahp.com - I read ALL of their books and took their week long class) this is where I got the idea for these and they have an EXCELLENT selection and the profit goes to a great cause:

http://www.gentlerevolution.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=&Category_Code=FG

I hope that helps.
James

This is great! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

What is a good age to introduce flash cards and how exactly do you do it? I have a 2 month old who has Down syndrome. I just printed the black and white infant stimulation cards but want to start early reading flash cards as soon as it will be beneficial.

Reply to JennyCannon with a 2 month old, Down Syndrome. Check out www.changingmindsfoundsation.org. Hope this helps you,

From what I have learned, the early the better - as long as they are indicating - letting you know - that they are READY by showing pleasure and JOY in the activity (YOU must keep it ALWAYS joyous!!) - if they are frustrated or upset, take a break try again very soon - if they are often unhappy take more time before you try again. With reading, the “pathways” have to be ready: eyesight gets better and better as newborns are both “LEARNING” how to see AND the physical anatomy - the eyes, nervous system, brain - is developing. But start with big bold fonts and huge EASY to read letters and THAT should help this development!! Please check out Glen Doman’s work and the Institute for the Achievement of Human Potential:

www.IAHP.org

James