Flashcards words ONLY!

Does anyone know where I can get a DVD where it just shows the words and no pictures. I find this more effective for my son as he focuses too much attention on the pictures. He already knows alot of stuff, so now I am looking at word effectiveness. Its much quicker.

so aside from me using my flashcards, anyone know of a DVD or a slideshow i can purchase. not sure if they do it here on Brillkids.?

Again i am not interested in any media whatsoever.

You could easily make a presentation on your computer and put it on a DVD. You can use PowerPoint. I also have been wantin to make a few movies for my kids using windows movie maker. I know a lot of computers come with some sort of movie maker. That way you can have the words he is interested in.

mmm i feel lazy and was looking for something already made. just WORDS. just words really does work… on its own.

i will check out the movie maker thing or powerpoint.

really hoped there was someone out there that just did a DVD with just words…

i should do it myself and sell it eh… lol

Through Glenn Doman and the Institutes you can purchase the Picture Dictionaries. They have 15 categories of 10 words each. You can choose to show with or without the pictures. You can also choose to show them in 5 different languages. There are 10 volumes that I know of. I think they are around $30 a piece. Just go to the store at www.iahp.org and look for the picture dictionaries.

These are not DVDs, they are CD roms for your computer.

Do you have Little reader? You can easily set it up to just flash words.

no I dont have little reader. how much is it to purchase??. sorry, I am new and desperate to find ONLY words.
I dont want something I have to do too much fiddling with.

I have my own flashcards also which I can use but its time consuming and I am not consistent.

I will look into Glen Doman. thanks

He might think it’s more interesting if there are pictures or funny videos too. But you know what, he is probably doing fine with just the cards. If he likes it he’s learning. I am not very consitant either. But I put words on the wall for my daughter and she reads them when she feels like it. So it’s always fun. And she is reading so many words now. And starting to use phonics. GL with whatever you choose

i tried testing my son but maybe its not the right thing to do as it frustrates me when it ‘appears’ he doesnt know how to read the words…
i have been showing the baby can read DVD’s (titzer) since he was about 6 months old and I think the pictures distract him. he already knows alot of things, so am not concerned about the pictures. just want him to know the words.

HELP!!!

Have you thought of buying a pack of 5X8 index cards and a marker and just making word cards with things he likes? I did this when my son was closer to 2 because we had seen so many other words. I just sat for 30 minutes and thought of all the words I could that he wasn’t familiar with. He did learn these super fast though. It might help you through till you figure out something else.

I have powerpoint slides with just words only. I have already uploaded them here:

http://forum.brillkids.com/downloads/?sa=myfiles;u=36716;pg=3

The ones with prefix Doman - have words only, no pictures.

You can also download the other powerpoint slides and delete the pictures.