Flashcards on furniture

Hi everyone, I have just had an idea about a new way of showing my baby the flashcards but I’m not sure whether it will work or not :unsure: . I’m thinking about attaching a flashcard to the each of the house furniture, objects, etc, I think it could be interesting and keep his interest on. Some times it is difficult for me to keep him sat while I’m showing him the flashcards because he is quite active. I think if they were everywhere around the house he would see them while walking. Has any of you tried that or something similar? I would like to know whether it will actually work :yes: or it is simply not a good method :nowink: . What do you think, should I try it?

I know there was someone else who mentioned doing this. I’m not sure who it was, or where they posted it though.

I mentioned it before, saying that I know people who do exactly that - sticking labels of the furniture names on the furniture (and other household items). I thought it was a great idea!

Try to do it my speech terapist told me that and i tried it but mine after 30 mins all was gone .Not picture only was gone even the stickers ,Try to put one item at a time good luck .

My mother taught my sister to read by putting one word on the fridge and saying it every time they passed the fridge. The next day she put a new word and removed the first and on day three she put both words and asked my sister to point to a particular word which my sister did correctly.

My daughter is one year old. I have tried putting words on the wall at reading height for her (very very low!) She pulled them off and ate them. So now I have put the word at the height she can read it when she is in my arms and I just make sure I carry her past it a few times a day. I have also laminated the words now as they got too dirty otherwise. My daughter is very busy and there is no ways she would sit still for a flashcard session.

I liked the idea of putting just a word and read it .he likes to go open the fridge .hope he leaveS them .Yesterday after doing his name on his copy books for school, took me over 30 mins and in 1 min he pulled them .Ithink he hates stickers .I even put verklor on the duchboard of the car so that going somewhere Iput picture . He pulled them too.the best thing I found flash card that i am loading from little reader .Well done to all.

Back in February I labeled everything in Hunter’s room, from “bed” to “floor” to “chair” to “toys”. There are around 70 labels in his room alone. The letters are about .75 inches high and I just printed them out of the computer. That size is big enough for most babies, except very tiny babies of course.

I used packing tape to not only laminate them but also to use as an adhesive (I just left about a quarter inch of tape stick out around the edges of the label). You can see pictures of them here: http://worldsbesteducation.blogspot.com/2008/02/becoming-familiar-with-written-word.html

It worked really well because not only are the laminated but they stick on really well too, yet the packing tape does NOT do permanent damage to virtually anything - it doesn’t even take off paint. And also, for those of you having problems with your babies tearing them off, using small labels laminated and stuck on with packing tape makes it impossible to tear off (well, not impossible, but very difficult).

I also knew a family (domaninspiredparenting.blogspot.com) who would put flashcards at MOMMY AND DADDY’S height all the way down their hallway, so whenever they walked down the hallway (parent carrying baby) they would point to each card as they walked past (one flash card every foot or so, all in a row at Mommy’s eye level). They did not only large words but sometimes bit cards or math dots. They would switch up the cards every few days to keep them new.

Great idea!!!