Flash Cards -- Many topics

I am using flash cards for my 3 yr old. It is working good. Her favorite is

[url=http://www.kids.scintro.com]www.kids.scintro.com[/url].  But to move ahead i am trying to teach her some 

rhymes. Anyone introduced second language at this age.

regards
Anjana

We speak 4 languages from birth, the earlier the better. In the beginning it does not matter how many languages or how difficult, later as they grow it becomes more of a separate teaching project, like you mentioned " introducing" or learning another language. In the beginning they assimilate languages they hear and talked to as their native languages

Thanks Anjana, this www.kids.scintro.com looks to be a very useful site.

My son speaks few words in 3 languages now. Actually I have not been able to teach him anything as I am a working woman. He has just learnt by observing us speak to him.

I have shown him flash cards of Alphabets, but that also only twice. I had purchased some small book of Animals - Domestic and wild, fruits and vegetables, colours and shapes, vehicles etc. My mother-in-law has shown him all these books and now he is able to say words like container, tractor, bufallo, rhinoceros etc. However shapes and colours are yet to be thought. He is picking up words and keeps repeating anything we talk.

this site is useful too.
http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/index.html
since he is 3 years old u can introduce many topics to him .talk to him about every thing around him. things around him at home,outdoors,on t.v,his own body,etc.
I’m teaching my 3 years old English as a second language since he was 18 or 20 months.he showed very good pacing.his mother tongue is Arabic.our main method is flashcards primarily.
after that i used to show him educational interesting videos about everything,until he had his own playists that he plays by his own.

Thank you soooo much for these wonderful and useful sites…

have u seen this site before?
www.hiyah.com . i got it long ago from the forum and i am putting it again for newcomers.it is ultimately free and full of wonderful power point slide shows about alot of things around us also the activities kids do, places they go as well as rhymes .enjoy with your kids and learn. :slight_smile: