Flash Cards, India, Mumbai

Hi to all ppl from Mumbai, India
I am looking for good quality flashcards for my 1 yr old daughter.
Does anyone know anyone who sells flash cards at a good rate?
Has anyone bought flash cards in Mumbai? Is it better to buy them or make them?

Cheers!

Hi…

In mumbai there is a course called “Infant Siddhi Program”(ISP)…Its basically a parenting course with emphasis on early learning…they do teach about flashcard method etc… u can buy flashcards from them also… there are many isp centres in mumbai…i think the website ins www.liyaisp.org…u can check it out

all the best !

Hi Advaya,
I had done ISP when i was 5 months pregnant. Its a wonderful programme that teaches the use of flashcards very well. Their materials are quite expensive. Also i had made flash cards when i was expecting…i had a lot of time! But now, with my 1 yr old daughter…time seems to run! So i was wondering if i can buy flash cards anywhere in Mumbai at a cheper rate.

Hi
I would like to know if the ISP course will still be useful after reading all doman’s books.

I am planning to attend ISP course in Bangalore. Any suggestions would be greatly helpful.

hi arvi,

the part i found most enlightening of ISp was the early learning part…which covers almost half of the course…if u hv already read doman books…u mite not find it really helpful cos i felt the book taught better than at the course…the course does provide insights into parenting like to be a positive parent…ur communication with ur child…vision for ur child…sleep talk etc…
it all depends wht ur expections of the course are before u take up the course…generally they hv a preview of the course before the new course begins,maybe u can attend that and decide…

Thanks advaya. I will attend the intro course and then decide.

I am also planning to buy tweedlewink dvds. Since it is very expensive and I have a limited budget, I was in a dilemma about attending ISP course.

hi, I attended the ISP program as well… it’s a nice program, but a little expensive… but it does increase the awareness regarding early learning… When i attended the course, my baby was around 15 months old. Since I am a full-time working mom, not able to devote much time towards making flash cards etc… besides every time i want to use the few cards that i have prepared, my son just wants to grab them and play with them… a good alternative that I found to the paper based cards is the digital cards. I downloaded, as well as created a lot of powerpoint presentations and show them to my baby whenever I have time and when he is in a good mood. He seems to like those cards and even i can run those in automatic mode… so i can sit next to him and enjoy the flash cards :slight_smile: hope this helps…

Also a quick question, has anybody in Mumbai tried the twidlewink DVDs or LR /LM?

Thanks Archie! I also have many downloaded ppt flash cards but my baby is not too interested in them…however i’ll kepp trying!

hey Khush,
Try adding some sound clips to the ppts, that might get your baby interested in looking at the slides…

I’ll definitely try that! Thanks Archie!