Flash card methods for Right brain activation : Challeges

Dear Members,

I recently started the Shichida flash card training for my 2.5 year old.

But since she is used to seeing pictures for a longer time with detailed explanation - she is getting impatient at the fast flipping of flash cards. Any suggestions to get over this?

I had the same problem when I started my little boy on LR when he was 1 year old. He would get angry if he sees a picture that he likes but the program flashes to the next picture before he got a chance to look at it. He liked the LR multistory right from the start, but the fast flash took long to get use to. Now, a year later, we can go fast or slow, but he still prefers slow.

I don’t know much about Shichida, but my advice would be to start very small. Something like, flash only 2 or 3 cards, but repeat many times a day. Add to the number of cards very slowly, don’t rush it at first, but maybe once he gets into it, your sets can grow very fast. My boy can watch big fast flash sets (I’ve even gone as big as 80 or 100, but I can see that its too much, even though he watches without complaints or looking away, I stick to about 20 or 30 now.) I don’t know if it’s against the “rules” of Shichida, but maybe let him look through the pictures at his own pace fist, then flash them when he’s done with them.

Yes I would flash them through and then give them to him strait after to look through. After a while he will have faith that he can always look at anthem later and will be patient for you.

Hi. Did you buy the flash cards or made them yourselves? I’m finding it very time consuming to make/print our own flashcards since I started working again :frowning:

You can download files in the community library to use in Little Reader purely for flashing (gray bar above), or even purchase a subscription from somewhere like RightbrainEducationShop.com if you work too much to even have time for downloading, etc. Hope that helps!