First birthday present suggestions?

My daughter is turning one next week and I know I want to get her a toy… Maybe the Little People princess castle but I also wanted to get her a learning thing that’s affordable. Maybe a DVD or something that price for a one year old. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Preschool prep DVDs are great! Otherwise I would choose a balance beam.

One of my kids 1st birthday present was an oversized floor world map and a set of animals of the world, it was an instant hit, and 3 years later we still using it most every day!

my daughter got a wooden melissa & doug puzzle (zoo or jungle puzzle) for her first birthday and a wooden xylophone, she loved both of them.

Books and puzzles were my little ones favorite things at that age

Yes, yes!! Books were always the best present in our house :yes: I did not even mention books, because it is something that is just assumed :slight_smile:

Great responses, books and puzzles are great for ANY age, young or old!! I would also like to add (if you don’t have them already) blocks, pound-a-peg, musical instruments, pop-up tents to crawl through. My girls LOVED a ball pit I made with a small plastic pool and too many balls, Lol. My youngest also received small animal figurines when she was about 15 months for Christmas. Some can be too small for children still putting everything in their mouth, however, my girls loved them and still do. I bought them from Safari Ltd. and the crafting/detail was amazing. They were used for learning animal names and much more! They have so many “toobs” to choose from. Happy early birthday to your little one!

WOW a balance beam!!! Where does one put this? How many on this forum have one?
Just researched and there are a few balance beam companies in Australia.
Are there specific exercises to do on the beam, or does bub just get his balance walking on it?
I’ve also tried to find, unsuccessfully, info on the beam and EL.
Thanks.

I got my son a play kitchen for his first birthday. I wanted something ‘special’ that would last and so a nice wooden kitchen fitted the bill for me. It is still a big favourite :slight_smile:

I have looked at getting a balance beam so many times, but apart from the cost I just don’t have the space to store one. It would surely be a hit though - likewise a brachiation ladder :smiley: