Find out how a ‘story sack’ can make reading with your child so much more fun!

All children love reading books; predicting the next part, imitating the character’s voices and joining in the parts that they know well. We all know that reading is a vital part of a child’s development and engaging children in books from a young age goes a long way towards making them into lifelong readers.

Story sacks are a fabulous way to encourage role play, enabling language development and enriching a child’s experience of the written word.

To find out more please visit http://jonnierocket.com/index.php/parents/early-reading

Mark,

I found not only reading sacks to good for my grandson who likes to tell me back the story but also playing with puppets. The older is 4 years old and likes to narrate following the book (not really reading) to her couisn, my 4 month old grandaughter.
I will complement with puppets.
Good ideas on this site.

As they say:

'Story Sacks
Having read a favourite story with your child, help them to make or gather props that can be used to retell the story. An example may be Little Red Riding Hood: a doll, a small basket, Lego trees, a doll’s house, a cloak and a soft toy for the Wolf.

Puppets
Help your child to make puppets of their favourite book characters. These may be sock puppets, wooden spoon puppets, finger puppets or something more elaborate. They will all provide much pleasure for your child as they retell the story using the puppets.’