Felt Food

Hi there,
I hope everybody has a great Christmas. We got Catalina a play kitchen for Christmas, so I spent the last days making some felt food for her to use in her play kitchen and help her to have a better idea about how to use her kitchen. I have to say she loves the felt food I made for her!!! It made me so happy when she saw it and she right away wanted to play with it…she still had more presents to open but she only wanted to play with the felt food. It is something she can use for learning math,social skills and improve her vocabulary besides it is fun to play with!! We spent the hole sunday afternoon playing with her kitchen and the felt food. She was baking some pizza and boiling some vegetables soup. I took some pictures to share with you. There are some fried eggs,pizza,goldfish, tomato,green beens,strawberries,poptarts,carrots,cookies,banana,noodles and I am making some more. Her birhday is in couple of months I will make her a birthday felt cake to play with!!
if you have any questions, you can send me a pesonal message.
Happy holidays

I love it! Mother of Faith has also posted about felt food, and she makes some too. I think it is so cute!

I know, it is really cute and fun!

I love making felt food. I will share some of my patterns on here as soon as I get the Holiday rush over with. I think that adding the sensory idea to the felt items works great for motor skills and so on. I am going to upload some videos soon of how I use my felt items to teach with. Keep on making felt fun.

Cant wait for your patterns, MoF!

Wow!! Its lovely…

Want to know more of the patterns… Its great! :biggrin:

I am designing my own patterns and modifying other purchased items to better fit the needs of the ministry of making felt items. I will post them soon as I can get them loaded up. I will share my common patterns and instructions for everyone to use for non-commercial use of course. For we ourselves do this as a ministry. We make items to give away to hospitals, nursing homes, orphanges, and needy families throughout the year, we even have a loss of a loved one doll. We make tons of felt items for Christian belief as well, the nativity scene, a Jesus’ b-day count down, scene mittens to tell the story by, and so much more.

Just a tip you can take any fabric pattern and use felt! There are tons of free patterns out there.

I have uploaded a video on felt letter tiles. If you want the pattern and instructions let me know.
Here is the link http://forum.brillkids.com/mgallery/?sa=item;id=1881

I am uploading more videos of felt items.