Felt Boards

Do you use felt boards or felt books in your teaching?

I love using and maning felt boards and books. we love creating and making new felt items to teach with. Do you? :slight_smile:

I have always loved the idea but I just don’t feel like I have time to make them. Do you use any resources?

I take the ideas from coloring books, paper craft books, felt patterns, activity books, and so on. If you buy the fabric squares that you can print on and then sew that to felt you have your felt boards pieces. you can purchase these premade but are somewhat expensive. We print 3 sheets full 8.5 * 11 for 10.00 our cost in color or you we print them in black and white and then we use markers or fabric markers.
I love creating our own stories, games, and so on that goes with each lesson. I have even used lapbook projects to make items from. Anything out of paper or fabric you can make out of felt ot print it.
We have a ministry that we use them in and we send our completed projects to other ministries all the time just for cost and shipping. Just a tip you can go to www.digiscrapkits.com and order downloadable clipart that you can use with the printable fabric. Just think you could even print and make photographs for you felt board creations.
However, finding the time to create, print, sew on, and then cut out could be time consuming.
We offer our ministry services to those churchs, groups, and homeschools that don’t have these resources avialable like an inkjet printer, computer, and internet. If you wish to water proof your fabric then a brushing decopauge works great.
We are in the process of making bug studies, garden in our heart studies, and so on for the church that goes along with www.daniellesplace.com content.

Here is another idea about printing onto milk filters for a felt board. http://www.makinglearningfun.com/themepages/DogsFeltBoard.htm There are felt patterns as well. I hope you enjoy. I am going to see about doing this as well just to see how well it works, however, I would say to use an inkjet printer and not a laser printer. A word of caution there.