Favourite reading books for 0-2 years old

Hi all,

I have yet another question for the forum. I would like to buy books to read to my baby and I was wondering other members have favourite books that their child loved listening to esp in the 0-12 month category.

I have Goodnight Moon by Margaret Brown, the Beatrix Potter series (Peter Rabbit etc), The Going to Bed Book by Boynton and a few Eric Carle books. I thought they would be a good start. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
mtb999 (1 week to go!)

Where is the Green Sheep by Mem Fox
Dr Seuss books

Also ask your local library about books they recommend for 0-2. They will have lots of information for you plus they have children’s books already sorted into age groups. The little big book club that the advertiser runs also is a great source of childrens books too.

My daughter is 4 months old and she loves “The very hungry caterpillar”. My husband reads it to her everyday and she is verya attentive while he does it.

We had gotten Hocked on phonics before I knew about all the programs out there and it came with a couple of books, including " The Itsy Bitsy Spider" and she loves it to. She loves the song too. It is funny because whe she starts crying I sing this song and most of the time she quiets down and just listening to me signing (I have a aweful voice! What loves does, right? lol )

Hope this helps!

PS. Let us know if you come accross a good book! :wink:

http://forum.brillkids.com/coffee-corner/favorite-children's-books/

http://forum.brillkids.com/product-discussions-and-reviews/recommendations-for-good-books-for-preschool-children/

I stand by my old favourites… Berenstain Bears, Bears in the Night (Stan and Jan Berenstain) and Green EGss and ham (Dr Seuss) as they are easy for bub to memorise and once can say all the words, it’s a great little party trick to show the grandparents bub reading a whole book.

here are some of my daughters absolute favorites from 0-12 months:

mr brown can moo (Dr Seuss)
any of the annie kubler board books - head, shoulders, knees and toes/row row row your boat (etc)
where is the green sheep (Mem Fox)
ten little finger (Mem Fox)
peekaboo (Nina Laden)
Maisy’s nature walk (loved this one best out of the Maisy series)
bears in the night (Berenstain)
where’s spot
does a kangaroo have a mother, too? (Eric Carle)
i can/ i see/ i hear (Helen Oxenbury)
going on a bear hunt (Helen Oxenbury)
Snappy Sounds: Ho, Ho, Ho! by Beth Harwood and Derek Matthews (LOVED this book - it’s a musical pop up book, it was the first book she danced to! )
Meg and Mog (LOOOOVES this book!!!)

hope some of these suggestions work for you! our daughter absolutely loved all of these…
Heidi

My two-year-old’s personal favorites are Goodnight Moon, anything with vehicles, and all Thomas the train books. He also likes The Snowy Day. :slight_smile: