Exposing infants to classical music

When playing classical music for infants, is the whole classicsl genre good or just music from certain composers? Or is it not even that simple and that it must be broken down to individual musical compositions?

Thanks

I’d like to know this as well

Not that I know a lot about this, but I’ve read a few books about educating small children, and I can’t recall anyone ever saying that you should pick or choose any era, composer, or pieces within classical music.

I’m also not aware of any research that has established that playing a lot of classical music will make your baby smarter. I’d like to hear about some, though.

We play classical music to our little boy because we want him to know, like, and eventually to play classical music. That’s all.

Our reasons for playing classical music to our daughter are the same as DadDude’s. I found the following website very helpful with its guidelines and recommended materials for teaching music using the Doman method.

http://www.childandme.com/teach-your-child-music-doman-method/

Thank you both daddude and aangeles for your help. I will checkout the link provided as well.

Same for me…we want our son to enjoy classical music and therefore are exposing him to it using “Classical Magic”. It covers many different composers and eras. In fact, after listening to Vivaldi’s Spring from the Four Seasons only about 3 or 4 times, today when I put it on he said “Baldy?” and “Conchero?” (he’s 19 months and has got the idea if not the pronounciation!).