Excuse this house

I wanted to share this poem with you - no idea who the author is, but it is being attached to my front door!

Excuse this House

Some houses try to hide the fact
That children shelter there,
Ours boasts of it quite openly,
The signs are everywhere!

For smears are on the windows,
Little smudges on the door.
I should apologize I guess
For Toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with the children
And we played and laughed and read,
And if the doorbell doesn’t shine
Their eyes will shine instead!

For when at times I’m free to choose
The one job or the other
I want to be a home-maker
But first I’ll be a mother!
:blush:

:biggrin: :biggrin:

love it!

I love it too! :biggrin: I find that my child certainly enjoys me more as a mother than when I’m a homemaker!! I just choose to do that stuff when he’s in bed :sleep: .

I read an acronym for CHAOS that I wanted to share with you…
Can’t
Have
Anyone
Over
Syndrome

Thought that was pretty funny!! lol

I love that! Maybe I will print that out on some pretty paper and frame it!

Thank you so much for sharing. I feel the same way, while having a safe and sanitary house is important, I would rather spend time playing with my kids then washing windows and ensuring the house is perfect.

This period in our lives is so short. We must embrace it and delight in it. Soon the children will be grown and gone and we will have nothing to laugh at. I love the poem. It is so true and there is nothing I would rather be doing than being a mom. It is the most fulfilling and rewarding role. It is also easier when you can share your struggles with others which this forum is great for. I only hope that I can remember all the funny things that the children do. :slight_smile:

The other day my 3 year old, who has been practicing her rhyming came up with a real whopper of a rhyme. We were talking about our UPS driver, named Buck. She composed this little poem on the spot
Chuck, Buck is a ****. It was so innocent, since she has never heard that word and doesn’t even know that it is a bad word. We all sat silent as she said, “Was that a rhyme, Mommy?” I am sure when she gets older she will enjoy that story.