Excited about this!

Hi, I’m a full-time mom of 10 month old Zara. I’m persian and grew up speaking Farsi and my husband is Indian and grew up speaking Hindi and we both speak English to each other so our Zara is getting three languages at the same time as she grows. I would love to take that to the next level but I’m just unsure how. I figured that I could download some of the flashcards and say the words in Farsi along with English as a way to teach her to connect the words. I’m also really worried that I might confuse her! So far she gives certain objects farsi names and other ones English names (she hasn’t picked up any Hindi yet). She’s an early talker. Any advice from other bi or tri-lingual households would be helpful!

Khalida

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. I strongly suggest you check out our early learning- language board here http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-signing-speaking-foreign-languages/. I think you find some useful info there. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki
p.s. your daughter is beautiful!

Khalida,

I’m glad to see you joined. It’s funny b/c i downloaded this a while ago and I was finally getting around to introducing myself when who do I see but you! I hope Zara enjoys it Sultan seems to like it. Try uploading some of the pics from your vacay to edit the family slideshow.

Oh wow I didn’t know Zara was talking already. I remember reading somewhere that kids who are bilingual learn to distinguish between the two languages at a pretty early age, so you probably shouldn’t worry much about confusing her. I’ll see if I can dig up that article.

What a lovely picture! Welcome! :slight_smile:

HI AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM. WE ARE GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BROWSE THE FORUM AND SHARE YOUR IDEASAND EXPERENCE WITH US

HOPE TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU SOON :smiley:

Hello and welcome to this fantastic forum!

I look forward to getting to know you better and reading your posts. Please feel free to browse around. Also please feel free to join your country of origin board, This will help you get connected with other like minded parents from your country but also give you a place where you can talk freely about issues related to early education, and activites in which you may be able to get your child/ren involved in

Kimba15