Excellent Website for working with phonics and reading

www.starfall.com

I use this website at school with my elementary students. There are three levels that go from letter sounds all the way to reading ebooks. It’s very child friendly.

I’ve been showing my 21 month old son. He loves the ABC song which is the ABCs in phonetically not the letters. I’ve been showing him 3 letters/sounds a day and adding a new one each day and taking an old one off. He doesn’t have the motor skills to click from one screen to the next but he loves the graphics and sounds. He can already read several of the words already because we have been learning them in the Doman method. However, every letter/sound seems to have a few words he didn’t know before.

Please check it out and tell me what you think!

i love this website and the schools that i worked for before the little ones came also used it in their classrooms everyday. I love the printable books that they have as well.

:clown:
tHANKS FOR SHARING SUCH A GREAT SITE
i HAVE USED this site to introduce the basic 26 sound of Eng alphabets to my daughter and i must say that this site has helped a LOT.
Thanks again

I started using this site with my daughter recently (also doing about 3 letters a day) She does already know her alphabet in phonetic letters but is hopefully picking up the capital letters now too. She loves the site and never wants to stop, however I have been a bit concerned about some of their pronunciation of certain letters (L phonetically for example) but this is personal preference and she can easily learn both (“la” vs “lll”) Today my daughter read the parking area sign “C” to me when we went shopping (each row of cars is a different letter and they are nice and big for practicing with)

I think it is US accent for phonetics. Even I found letters like ‘c’, ‘l’, ‘p’ different from what we teach in India.
I almost got her confused with ‘c’.
I myself did not know the correct pronunciation :frowning:
however, the places where there is regional parity, I try to explain her that some people say like that, but we need to say this way…

Pls share some other good sites
Garima

They do have starafall in Spanish, maybe if you ask them for your language they may accomidate your needs.