Excellent montessori resource

I just want to share a link to a great website full of montessori activities. It is from a montessori teacher and lists the activities she adds to her class each week as well as materials, how to do the activity, etc… I found it to be inspiring.

http://mymontessorijourney.typepad.com/my_montessori_journey/

Thanks it’s very good! I have also downloaded material printouts and ideas from these websites. Hope they are helpful
www.montessorimom.com
www.montessorimaterials.org
www.montessoriforeveryone.com
and you can find the instructions to the presentations
www.hompeage.mac.com/montessoriworld.com

I’m always looking for good Montessori resources!!!

Here are some more:

http://chasingcheerios.blogspot.com/

http://homemademontessori.blogspot.com/

That’s great. Have you seen the link I posted? http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/several-videos-about-montessori-activities/

I actually ended up posting them all to the video library. You can just do a search for the videos posted under my name to view them all. I think there about 30 different videos.
It’s great that we can do some of these activities with our kids.

great websites, thank you all :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the links.

At what age did any of you start these activities. My little girl is only 5 months. Does anyone have sugesstions for this age?

Is this teaching method is good for baby who always don’t listen to the teacher?

hey, i’m sure there are repeat sites here but i found this great list of montessori resources. i’m not sure i’ll ever be able to get through them all.
enjoy!
http://jojoebi.blogspot.com/2009/07/montessori-links.html

here’s an excellent montessori resource for families who want to learn more about montessori and apply it at home :
www.amontessorimarketplace.com

i did full doman program with my specialneed daughter and the intellectual program was excellent she is now 15 , we have another 3 years old and 1 year old . i got how smart is your baby and followed it the first few months after my second daughter was born , but than i started questioning some of the approaches skipped many of the activities that i felt htey are not good for a baby , and more and more i found myself moving toward more hands on activities realising that my daughter is not really enjoying flashing bits and words .
she is now 3.5 years old , started reading independently but i cannot say it is doman but working with phonics and montessori language material . she has excellent physical , manual skills , her understanding is quite advanced for her age , very articulated . we are really enjoying more and more montessori type activities and learning . instead of flashing tons of unrelated bits of intelligence to the child , the bits are made to three parts cards ,manilupated , classified , labelled by the child , it is more hands on and a good choice for parents with older kids who are wondering how to homeschool after doman .
yes you can buy few books and read about montessori online but i was a bit lost from so much information so i decided to take karen online teacher training course found at the link i posted . she will provide you with all the albums in language , geography , math , sensorial , practical life , geology , botany , zoology ,… all lesson plans , lots of material to make three parts cards, nomenclature cards , it is so condensed with information but the important thing is that it is all hands on with activities , experiments, reading material , everything set up for your child to enjoy learning . i highly recommend this course .
you realize that it is not practical for your child to have access to the tons of bits you are presenting him , and most of the time those are retired and never seen again .
with montessori the material is on the shelf for the child to use and work with , there are control cards for self check and control of error , so the child is able to work by himself , and activities to put what he learned into practice .

what i love most is the geography material , the way you move from the whole to the parts which is the approach in montessori , they have lovely continents wooden maps , pin maps with the flags of the world , wonderful oportuinity for your child to put into practice all the knowledge he gained from flashing all those geography bits .
check out montessori for everyone website also for a sample of the material used .
i made most of my sensorial material , and ii am working now on some cards and i am finding my daughter and even my one year old enjoy working with them more than those big 11x11 bits .

hope this can help somebody
love
viv

Yes indeedie, it’s very helpful info and i’m signing up for the course. $150 for a 24 month course? And $5 a workshop? What a bargain!

Hey, wasnt there some mention on here yonks ago about becoming Brillkids trainer-ish kind of people? I’d like to get some qualifications or at least certificates under my belt in the early childhood field, in the non-traditional methods, so I can cover all the bases of pre-school teaching and raising IQ.

Thank you all for the excellent resources! I’ve got some digging to do …I know what I will be doing this weekend!!

XO

Thank you all, for the great rresources, and links, and videos. I too am using montesorri ideas in my home school, and in our co-op. I will be adding all of these to my online library. Thanks.