Emotional problems due to weaning .. how to solve it?

hi everyone…

thankin everyone for the tips u gave on how to wean my 2year old son, here i am facing another problem now.
i have started the weaning process and succeeded 2 continuos days with no feed at all. even i let him sleep without feeding…but nighttime feeding continues…
the problem is i am feeling bad about stopping. i feel that i am loosing the bond between him. and sometimes i feel he wil get angry at me for not feeding him… he comes to me atleast 3-4 times to be breast fed… but i distract him by giving some sort of healthy snack or taking him out for a walk… he doestn drink formula milk… but he do drink juice… someone recommended to keep him close to my chest wile bottle feeding, but since he learnt to eat on his own in his special table and chair, he doesnt like to sit in my lap to eat…so that also doesnt work for me…
so could someone help me on how to cope with these emotions? i feel realy bad about stopping… feels like im loosing the bond with him :frowning: HELP ME!

your toddler is now starting to learn to assert his independence that is why you think you are losing your bond - as long as you regularly show him affection like giving a hug, being attentive when he wants to show you his skills, etc., I don’t think you’ll lose that bond.

it really is up to you when you want to stop breastfeeding - there is no set limit as to when you should stop breastfeeding - in other countries (specially third world), mothers still breastfeed children until seven years old - our pediatrician says he knows of somebody who breastfed until the child was a teenager.

goodluck.

It is definitely tough to lose that special time with your baby. Why don’t you schedule some reading time to replace the feedings? Put him on your lap and read a few stories together during the day. This is a fun way to continue bonding and you can do this for many years to come.