Elimination diet

I am thinking of eliminating some foods from dd’s diet to see if she may be reacting to them. She is still breast feeding. I’m thinking that I probably need to eliminate them from my diet too. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thank you

Yes, if you are breastfeeding, you must eliminate the item from your diet, too. Are you going to do the 2 weeks off, then try the food and see if there is a reaction method?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I do plan to remove them for awhile then re-introduce. Do you think 2 weeks is enough? I thought it would have to be more like 3 or 4 weeks.

thanks again!

My mother-in-law was on a two week program, but behing highly allergic to things, perhaps a shorter time worked. I understand that a longer period of elimination is more accuarte. My MIL had terrible headaches after trying a food after just two weeks. I think it is a balance between how much of a hurry you are in and how precise you want to be. :mellow:

Thanks, if I don’t seee any changes after a couple of weekss, then I’ll probably try a little longer.