EK here we come!

We just hit a great library sale. 25 cents a book. I got art books, nature, history, and a good book on astronomy. I need to cut the pics out, paste them on a paper background, and put them in sheet protectors. I have pieces of cereal box in the sheet protectors to make them sturdy.
I have been reviewing old material, so this is great. Ugh, I need to write the POI.

Congrats! Actually, I’ve never thought of using library book sale for EK. Inspiring threat indeed! Thank you so much!

Old library sales are a great source of pictures to rebirth into POIs at least if the book hass already had a great life you don’t feel the same guilt at cutting it up ( or is that just me :unsure: ) I sometime scan pages from books we borrow at the library. Getting images from non fiction books make getting the BOI easier as at least it’s usually in the same book.
I really should do more of these home made books, my kids really enjoy them. I only include info they are interested in and take out all the waffle in the text so they get the info quickly. Maximizing their learning time. My kids self read their non fiction, mostly. I help my son read non fiction beginner books from the library. It would be good to make a few at his reading level. With an extra bit of info for me to read to him. Or maybe even a two leveled book…his self read and his sisters self read…hmmm this could fill up my whole month!
Do you ever paste yours by topic into an excersize book? To make a new book? or do you still need the sheet protectors for busy hands.

I flash them. I tried book form, but there was just no interest. I flash and say POI.
I don’t feel guilty for cutting them up. We have no printer. So, there is no printing of books and bits. I’m hoping to get old calendars at the end of the year.

If feel guilty cutting up books too. I bought a great set for EK at a rummage sale recently & ended up just showing them & doing the POI while they were still in the book.

Besides book sales & rummage sales, we get some great used books & other early learning materials at the local thrift store.