EK advice/tips

I thought I posted a topic but can’t seem to find it so here it goes again!

I am looking for some tips on EK. I’ve been doing EL for a few months now. I have a 2.5 and a 1 y/o. My older son shows interest in just about any topic I introduce him to. He’s always had laser focus and innate curiosity. Right now he’s really enjoying states – I would stay bordering on obsession. He can point to all 50 and conversely can tell me the names of each them as I point to them. He can complete a 60 piece states puzzle unassisted. When we watch youtube videos he insists we watch the same one about states. I want to indulge him in the things he’s interested in, but it got me wondering…how long do you stay on topic for? Do you try to delve as deep as possible while an interest is shown in a topic? Or do you have a timeframe? I am now teaching him capitals but also want to introduce new topics. Although I like that he wants to watch a fun educational video on youtube, I want to move on to different topics or subtopics as he’s already learned what he can from the song.

I know Doman indicated to flash a bit (same picture but different facts) about 5x. Shichida’s method indicates that in theory with the mind trained, information should only be need to be presented once. My son attends Montessori part-time and that is child-led. He is getting used to following his interests.

We take advantage of the Brillkids library and will flash a series of EK in rotation for several weeks. How long do you flash EK bits for? ie. - birds, elements table? How long do you stay on topic for? Looking for feedback and ideas from others!!

I like to show flashcards 3 days in a row, abandon for a week, review once, abandon for 2 weeks, then 4 weeks, 2 months, 4 months, 8 months… Well, at least, I aim for this pattern but it doesn’t always work out to be exactly that.
If I have some EK in LR where it’s easy to organize, then I’ll also follow the above pattern, but in general I just read and discuss non-fiction children’s books. I sometimes manage to follow the above review pattern, but with books it’s harder for me because my boy has always liked to pick what books we will be reading. National Geographic readers, I wonder why series, children’s encyclopedias etc all work well for us.

Thanks Mamaofwill! Helps to see how others are tackling it. Much appreciated!