Educational Lesson Plans and FREE power points

Here are a couple more of my favs… Not sure if these have been listed before but thought I would share :slight_smile: curriculum ideas at www.mrdonn.org and great power point resource at www.pppst.com Hope you will enjoy as much as I do…

Susan Khan

OMG! 2 great sites. I had no idea this even existed! Thanks so much for sharing!
Btw, can you twill us how you use them in your lesson? How old is your child, how long have you been using PowerPoint and how long do they sit in front of the commuter each session, etc.
Thanks again!
The doc :clown:

Im glad you liked them :slight_smile: I have 3 children ages 13, 6, and 4. We are homeschooling our younger ones and what I do is supplement the power points into our lesson plans. For example if we are learning about early civilizations I through in a few power points, or even videos from you tube. We also find a lot of art work to do along with our lessons. I started curriculum for my children when they were babies lol. For instance if we were studying Africa I would get a map of africa and let them spounge paint it with apples. Not only were they learning their alphabet and so on but also geography :slight_smile: I have tons of ideas I used with my children when they were younger and would share them if your interested. A thought though I NEVER made them sit in front of a computer if they lost the interest, I would move on to something else :slight_smile: I use so many learning materials and suppements from singapore math, kumon, hands on math, videos , my own instruction, homeschool group lessons such as science history etc, we love field trips and also my kids enjoy the virtural filed trips. Im sorry for going on and on :slight_smile: Much happiness to you and your children’s learning adventures :slight_smile:

Wow! I would be very interested in your plans. May I pm you? Would love to chat
The doc :clown:

I would love to hear your ideas also… It seems that many of us could benefit from your knowledge. Please share…

I was thinking today of how I’d love to have ressources like this in French.
I waste so much time doing my own flashcards and I no longer bother with EK .
We don’t have programs like YBCR, TW etc… At least there is LR but I wish more French speaker would publish files…

Susan - are you still in Singapore? What are the laws about homeschooling over there? I wanted to homeschool my son when he was younger but I’ve been told that it is a legal requirement here (I’m in Malaysia) to send them to school. I know of some parents who have gotten special exemptions from the MoE but I don’t know how they did it.

My older son’s at school now so the point is probably moot but I have a friend whose still considering the homeschooling path for her son.

Hi, I am located In Florida USA :slight_smile: Loving homeschooling in Florida…

Hi Susan, I would love to learn some of your ideas for homeschooling. Do you have a few that teach math, reading, or practical skills that your children find the most fun and are very educational?

Hi all,

For homeschooling mums, I found this blog. Hope it will be useful to some of you: http://lovelearnandlive.wordpress.com/page/4/

cheers,
verolpj

I don’t know if I can homeschool my kids, it is so hard…

Ya, I think home schooling needs a lot of courage to be carried out. i totally salute those mothers doing home schooling :slight_smile:

Hi susankhan,
Thanks for sharing! These are great!
:slight_smile:

I want to share these:

http://www.mdusd.k12.ca.us/adulted/elcivics/students/lessons/health/body/beginning.htm
http://www.dltk-teach.com/

Hope you like it.