Educational Apps

I know there are several older threads with app recommendations, but I thought maybe we could get another updated list going.
I’ll start with some of the apps on the iPad that my daughter has enjoyed in the past or uses now. For reference, she’s 19 months old.

List new ones or mention if your child has enjoyed these apps as well.

The following are in no particular order…
Endless alphabet
Endless reader
Endless numbers
Montessori numbers
Busy shapes
Peekaboo Barn
Preschool Prep apps
Teach me Toddler
I like books
Kindergarten Bingo
ABC Genius
Hooked on Phonics
ABC Alphabet phonics
Learning patterns
Animal sounds
Magic Fingers
Baby doesn’t count
Sparkabilities
Abcmouse.com A to Z music videos
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head right now…

Please share your child’s favorites or any others you can think of!

Few iPad apps for toddlers:
Super Why
Intro To Math By Montessorium
Pictureka
Bob Books #1 – Reading Magic
Cut The Rope
Tozzle
AniMatch

I found a new Educational Game for a Kids and its a numbers puzzle game, so I think it would be more helpful to learn numbers for the 1st and 2nd Grade kids. Check it: http://bit.ly/1BZTxG3.

I wanted to try to update this a bit. At 25 months, the “endless” series are still a favorite for my daughter. We have also downloaded several new apps that I’ll share.

-Math 3-5 by onebillion (used to be called Eurotalk math 3-5, I think)…this app is amazing and comprehensive. I love it!

-comparative adjectives (by Grasshopper apps)…my daughter enjoys this one in short bursts. It shows several pictures and ask questions, such as “which is the freshest fruit” or “which kid looks friendlier” or “who is the tallest person”…

• match animals…it’s a great memory game using animals that becomes progressively harder as you finish levels.

-bugs and buttons…excellent app with 18 fun games. It covers concepts such as counting, alphabet, matching/sorting, etc.

Starfall ABCs…this one so fun. It’s just like the free version of starfall online but with the convenience of being on the ipad.

Any others you all can think of?

Are there any apps out there that combine a full Montessori curriculum like the resources found at Montessori Print Shop with Doman encyclopaedic knowledge/tweedlewink style Bit flashcards - AND that is somehow engaging rather than just flashing?

My 5 year old loves to play Word Search on her Spidotech Sleek W1. She is fond of puzzle games…can you suggest some of those?

Nikita, I haven’t found anything like that, but please do keep us updated if you find an app that falls in that category or anything similar. I would love to find something like that. We have the bitsboard app, but it’s not what you’re describing.

Thanks for sharing these educational apps. Children learn during play and with these apps they get the chance to play and learn different things. Many long island preschool also organize various extra curricular activities through which they can build their cognitive skills, self esteem, get social communication and learn methods of being creative and confident.

If you need an app 2 learn your child 2 type fast in English, I have some intresting free flash game 4 you :happy: Good sound accompaniment and sweet funny pic attracted my kid 2 play it 4 a while, so now he`s typing faster :thumbsup:
Here is a link, hope it would be uerful :down:
http://idancemattyping.net/dance-mat-typing-stage-12/
P.S. Its link for stage 12, feel free 2 check others =)

Thanks for sharing these educational apps

These are are really good.

My daughter loves to play using my iPad. Reading this gave me an idea to combine play and learning.

Thank you.