Early learning ideas for four month old

Hi all and thank you for all the amazing questions and answers you’ve been providing on a range of topics, it all makes for very interesting reading and LOTS of note-taking and adding websites and blogs to my favourites list! I am a new mum to a nearly four month old baby and very keen to provide lots of fun games and bonding time together that has the added bonus of developing him both intellectually and physically and hopefully instills a love of learning in him. He is such a happy baby! I discovered this amazing community and concepts like Doman, a few weeks ago and have read my way through thousands of pages of books, websites and blogs. I’m not finding an awful lot of ideas specifically for a bub this young and am wondering what all you amazing mums and dads did with your little ones when they were this young? I’ve starting flashing him words and just started Doman maths, 1-10 today. We read stories and i’m trying to encourage lots of tummy time (going ok here…) What else can we do? What did you all do at this age? Thanks! Lisa

The one piece of advice that I could give for a baby that young, besides starting with the word and dots flashing is to talk to your child ALL THE TIME.

Read out loud to them, describe everything you are doing to them, everything you see, talk as you change them, bathe them, etc.
Just talk all the time.
Lack of verbal stimulation is proven to be detrimental, so lay it on real thick.
That’s what many books advise, anyway. My favorite books are Bright from the Start and Magic Trees of the Mind.
They both have summaries of activities to do with babies at that age and older.

The other thing I would advise is to avoid institutional day care until a bit later, if you can.
Keep them as close to home or at someone else’s home as possible.

Sounds like you’re eager!