Early learning apps for android

I just purchased an adroid phone, and am looking for some apps to download for my almost 3 year old. I’ve downloaded a couple of Rock N’Learn ones, but was wondering if there are any other good apps out there? Ideas for any subject welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi, I am also interested in this. My 4 year old is playing a game called Connect 'em which is math based (basic addition I suppose) and the baby plays a piano game but we haven’t downloaded very many other things yet.

Hi, I have an Android tablet (Xoom) these might run on the phone too. A couple my son likes are Kids Logic. Kids numbers and Math. I think if you do a search for Intellijoy you should find a bunch of Lite versionsof things like connect the dots,puzzles etc for free. Toddler World has shapes, colors and alphabet which might be too simple for 4 year old but it will help with learning to read some vehicle words and practicing printing letters. Teach Me Kindergarten is a basic addition and subtraction app.

Thanks, Lisac, I will look into those.

Tanikit, I found a website www.ikidapps.com that lists a few apps to try. I will keep searching. :wink:

Thanks that is great - will look into them.

Also look out for the Dr. Seuss books, search “omBook” in the android app market (that is books by Ocean Media) I personally find then very entertaining and my one year old loves them!! There’s also a very nice Picture Dictunary for Kids in 5 different languages, the pictures are small and mostly animated, but not too bad. Touchy Books have some nice book apps that go for free, Moon Secrets is our favourite. Then there is baby touch, the free lite versoin is allready a good app to play around with. It’s photo’s of animals, transportation, musical instruments etc. with the sounds they make, so my baba and I have long sessions making the sounds ourselves too, it’s lots of fun!!

There’s lots of nice apps for kids, and some are a little educational too, you just have to look through all the junk.