Ear infections

My son has been diagnosed with cronic ear infections. He started to lose his hearing!!! He has tubes now but since having them he has had 2 more infections. I am concerned about his speach and his hearing. He often misses so many sounds of words when he speaks or when he repeats words. Currently he hears at 20 decibles…normal is 0. The doctors do not seem to concern. Any ideas?

I have known of boys who had grommets put in their ears but the lack of hearing before that has caused behaviour problems and one boy was kept down in school, while his twin sister went on ok. So do as much as you can to get his hearing as good as you can, because it reduces his learning opportunities not hearing properly. In case it will get worse, teach him sign language and maybe introduce him to deaf people. If he eventually hears fine he will be more the enriched for meeting these people, and learning sign language is great for littlies… helps them communicate better. Hearing problems do correspond with not learning to talk as quickly, so perhaps using educational DVDS with sound up higher, so he isnt missing out on hearing words as much?

Chronic ear infections can be helped/eliminated by regular chiropractic care. I’ve had Marina adjusted weekly since birth and she’s never had an ear infection or anything more severe than a cold. Here’s one link:

http://www.healthychild.com/chiropractic/chiropractic-for-chronic-ear-infections/

I hope you find it helpful.

Hi there…

The link was wonderful, not only for ear infections, but also for healthy child care…
Hope everyone would love… :slight_smile: