Drying out! Help

Okay so my daughter is almost 4 months old and my milk is almost completely dry! I have had to be giving her formula and I am not happy about it what-so-ever. Has anyone else had the same problem? I’ve been trying to keep my milk from drying but I do not know what to do. Anyone have any advice??

Well, to start with, just because you do not feel your breasts full of milk anymore, does not mean you do not have enough milk! About 4 months after birth your body learns to regulate supply with the demand. I nursed till 24 months with 2 of my kids and after about 3 months I never felt my breasts full, but they supplied plenty of milk, exactly the amount my baby needed.

Secondly, supply = demand, so if you give her formula, she will not be nursing as much, which in turn will cause you to reduce milk production.

Thirdly, get enough rest, sleep together, nurse on demand ( do not schedule your nurses), drink enough and eat enough protein. Enjoy some Raspberry Leaf Tea too ( it is real nice for nursing)!

I think you will find the best and the most comprehensive information here: http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/ This is the best compilation of resources on everything breastfeeding and I highly recommend it!

Wishing you all the best, you are doing great!

Thank you so much!!! You’re the best!

Glad to be a help :slight_smile: and best luck to you!