Doman Math: How do you do problem solving step?

My DD and I finished division. I got to the next step, only to find out I don’t know exactly how to do it. :tongue: I was reading some previous posts and one indicated for problem solving, I can “verbalize” 8 + 8 and then show two cards one containing the right answer. From that it seems that I don’t need to show cards 8,+, 8 with dots. Is that correct?

Did anyone try these with the computer. I would so much rather prefer to show all the cards and then two answer cards but on the computer. I don’t think all those cards should confuse her…at least I hope not. So my question to all the Doman mom experts is how to do problem solving? and is it possible to do on computer?

And on the side, with 3 step equations, we simply show 8+8+2, all the cards 8,+, 8, +, 2, =, 18 with dots, right?

Thanks in advance!!! :smiley: My DD will be happy that I learned the next step as mommy will finally stop repeating division. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now that I figured this out at 3 am…argh!!! i thought i’ll share. You are only suppose to verbalize and not show each of the cards at this stage. Only the answer card needs to be shown. I guess the point is babies can do the calculation in their heads. Too bad for the two late nights that I spent making a macro in power point to automatically create the 3 to 4 step equations. oh gosh! >:( :mad: could’ve used the time better. :tongue: