doman math first step 6 month old & any good sucess stories with all methods?

Could someone explain how to do doman math the first step with > 6month old baby? i have ordered my books but they will not arrive till next week. I read a couple of posts here but people keep mixing doman and another method. So you show the dot cards in two sets 1-5 and 6-10. All in the same day? do you ever show them in random order? THen at 6th day you take out 1 and 2? and add 11 and 12.

2nd step, you continue with dot cards over 20 then do additions. so again you are doing 3 time 20 and above dot cards and 3 times additions?

Any full time moms here? how do you do so many and that 3 times a day.

so is there anyone whose kids did the doman program and they are in school? any successes in there studying?

ppl sound liek they are starting here at 4 months or even 3. At 6 months can you still get sucess with math?

thanks everyone for the excellent discussions. if it weren’t for this, i would have quit a long while back.

Ariel…

Doman recommends starting math before the child turns 1. So you are not late yet.

Now to answer your queries:

1. First day, you do 1 to 5 three times a day.

2. The next day, you add another set of 6-10 to the previous set. So you will be showing these 2 sets 3 times a day.

3. The very first time, you will show in sequence. From the next day, you mix the two sets up, so that one might be three, ten, eight, two, and five and the other set with the remaining numbers.

4. You will do this for 5 days and start retiring and adding new numbers from day 6. The two lowest cards will be retired and you will add one new number to each set.

5. Once you have retired the 20 card, you will start additions. Do three equation sessions daily. Each of these 3 sessions will contain 3 different equations. You do not have to repeat the same equation again. So totally you will be doing 6 sessions of quantity and 3 sessions of equation daily.

The above is as per Doman’s book “Teach your baby math.” These are just guidelines as per Doman and there are no hard and fast rules. Be consistent in your program, that is what matters.

Regarding success with Doman math, I don’t want to discourage you, but there are few who get considerable success and several still trying. This website has several threads discussing the success of Doman math, you may want to read those so that you know what to expect.