does anyone feel their babies are OVER stimulated?

:confused: I wondered how I could find enough time to teach bubby anything when she slept so much (3 sleeps a day, and all night). Now she seems so stimulated she doesnt want to sleep, as though sleep time means missing out on so many new experiences. Which is great for teaching her, but not great for getting necessary chores done… so the educational DVDs double as a babysitter while I’m out of the room, cos we’re in the separation anxiety stage (aaargh!!!) >:(

I’m not sure whether your bubby is sleeping less because of the stimulation or due to her change in age. I’m sure for most babies they tend to sleep less and less as they grow older. Anyway, I never had this worry…
I think the REAL risk of overstimulation lies in letting your child watch TV (like cartoons) for long periods, unsupervised. (See our TV FAQs article in BrillBaby.com on this).

How old is your child again?
(btw, on this point, I would encourage you to fill out your baby info in your user profile page (under Account, Baby Info), so that other members can easily tell how many children you have and how old is the youngest one, as it is displayed under your name when you post).
:slight_smile:

I have the opposite problem. My baby is 6 months old, started crawling at 5 months, is now using everything to stand up and move around. I get quick 5 minute flashcard, book whatever I can with him after he eats and is digesting. The only thing that gets his attention for a little bit is music.