Do you want to share your favorite Ipad apps?

I have some really good apps for my almost 5 years old son he loves them and still have a lot to do with them, but I thought I should look around for new treasures. One of my favorite is Bugs and Bubbles with lots of interesting games in it. Also the Teach me kindergarten which seems a little easy now (especially the spelling part) but my son still enjoys working on it.
And my other treasure is Math, age 3-5 and Math, age 4-6. I also love this app, because you can set different languages on your Ipad.
Do you have any favorite? Would you like to share?
Thanks in advance.

Fit Brains kids.
Slate Math
Letter School
Kinder Bach
Math 4-6 by Paul Fowler.
Splash Math K

My favorites are:
Hooked on Phonics
Anything preschool prep
All the Teach Me(Toddler, Kinder)
ABCmouse.com app

My oldest uses:
Math vs Zombies
Teach Me Grade 2

I wish Time4Learning, Explode the Code and Reading Eggs worked on the iPad too. I think we would be more consistent.

These are the ones which my 24 m.o. twins like most:
EuroTalk Math ages 3-5 (their absolute number one)
Slate Math
Geometry Montessori
Meet the sight words 1, 2, 3 from Preschool Prep
Writing Wizard by L’Escapadou
Letter School
Animated puzzle from Myfirstapp
For Spanish:
Flash cards Spanish by Funfunsoft
Lectura mágica (Spanish Reading Magic)
Aprende a leer

For maths we also like
Moose Maths
Know Abacus - for the Soroban - this is a really amazing app for us that will last the long-term. They have just updated to include multi-digit numbers and multiplication.

My favorite apps

I love ABCYa apps right now.

Base 10
Marble Math
Counting Money
Virtual Manipulatives

Some other apps that I think are awesome

Wild Sheep by BlockCroc (Favorite go to math fact app for add/sub right now)
Abacus Adventure
Abacus Ignite
Abacus Rush
Memory Train
Abacus by FingerMath
Stack the States
Geoboard

My 15-month-old has learned most letter sounds (at least, the ones she can pronounce) through Endless Alphabet and Endless Reader. The most helpful part of these apps is that when the child touches a letter, the letter sprouts eyes and/or a mouth, dances, and says its name in an entertaining way.

We’ve used 100s board by Matthew Thomas. My 5 years old enjoys it. I’ve used this approach using physical 100 board but the app is better.
lol

Thank you for the great ideas.

for an older child 8+ some of my fav apps are:

touchPhysics
DropBrick
Lumosity
BrainTrainer
Unotan (shichida app)
Classical Conversations (we use it every day as we participate in this coop- good app)
Elements
Presidents vs Aliens
Stack Countries
Stack States
BrainPop ES
Brainpop
MagicPiano
SpellingCity
StarLight (astronomy)
KhanAcademy ( a+)
Nova Elements (chemistry)

Chinese:
DianHua
Speak and Read chinese
iLearnChinese
Mandarin Fastrack
LL chinese (Living Language Chinese)
google translate
Skritter (one of my all time fav computer tools for chinese)
nemo (very good as well)

Games:
lights Off ( love it)
fruit pop (silly but Leena likes it)
minecraft
Draw this
madlibs
DIY

diary : love the app called my W days (my Wonderful Days) has speech recognition in case kid wants to dictate to preserve memories without worring about writing or spelling - we have lessons for that :slight_smile:

Productivity:
30/30 (fantastic for keeping up on schedule)
Brainscape

for moms:
Unstuck
remember the milk
Quizlet
evernote

fun for mom
ToonCamera
8mm

ENjoy …

Gloria

Check out toca Lab and toca builder. They are the he new hot 2 in this house. ( I won’t let my kids play mine craft because of the the zombies)
We all like
Monster physics
Where’s my water
Meet the Sightword game apps ( though they can all read now)
Montossori maps
Bugs and buttons is great
Alpha baby is a good beginners app for babies
Little reader! ( its heaps better on the he iPad)
Piano duster
Sprinkle
Tinker box
Mr (someone) the Japanese letter writing one…:slight_smile:
And we have an enormous sized app about the planet earth that they all love but I can’t remember what it’s called.
Little writer is good for handwriting
And …OK I should really stop now I think :biggrin: lol

And Dropbox to make transferring everything from one iPad to another or laptop to iPad quicker,

Thank you again for sharing. I’ve got some good ideas from you guys.
Here is a few more I didn’t post before: pettson’s inventions, DinoChess ( we use it with the card bord game no stress chess), Mandalas, Duolingo (for Spanish).

Thanks for sharing
G.

My kid currently falls in love with Dr. Panda apps:
http://www.drpandagames.com/

Thanks, everyone! I am new to this, as we have not done ANY apps so far. Need to get started.

Thanks for sharing, you guys.

But those look like for older kids, do you have any suggestions for younger one? My daughter is just 2,5

I think the majority of these apps are for 2-3 year olds. My sons first apps at 2 were preschool prep apps.

For older kids, we are enjoying News-O-Matic. It is a newspaper subscription designed for kids ages 7-11. We get 5 news stories a day. One is usually a some current event / world news. I love that they are able to read about world issues written in a child friendly format. All of the stories are approved by a child psychologist before publication. We have had it for less than a week. However I must warn that it has already been a bit glitchy and it wasn’t working for a day once already. Also one story is always sports related and my kids really aren’t interested in sports. Otherwise it is interesting. It also has a map feature that labels where the story happened and how far away it is from your home. My kids have read pieces about the conflict in Syria, President Obama’s State of the Union Address, and the lost cruise ship Lybuvo Orlova. The piece about Syria focused on the good news that women, children, and elderly are being allowed to leave Syria. In a small caption it explained that the conflict has been ongoing for 3 years. It is just enough but not too much information.

Lori

I have a 2.5 year old and a 1 year old. Most of these are for my 2.5 year old, but my 1 year old plays with some of them.

Endless Alphabet - great for letters, phonics, language.
Sign and Learn - sign language
Tozzle - a good puzzle app
Little Writer - Tracing
Magic Fingers - classical music and special effects. It’s good for fine motor skills and holds the interest of my 1 year old.
Peekaboo Barn - mostly just fun, but teaches animals and sounds (also more for my 1 year old, but my 2.5 year old likes to help)

Here’s a list of our favourite apps from about age 4-5 plus another link to a list from around age 3.

http://downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.ca/2013/08/ks-favorite-apps-august-2013.html?m=0