Do you use RSS?

I’ve seen it all over the web and even on this forum. I gather that it is used to keep me up-to-date on any posts made on a selected topic. But what I can’t really understand is what is the benefit of using it. Isn’t it just as easy to just visit the forum?

Just wondering what I’m missing.

Thanks.

I’d like to see this as a poll, if possible. :yes:

I felt the same way too when I first came across RSS.

Basically, this is what’s called “PULL” technology, where you decide what content you want on your page. So for example, if you use My Yahoo, you could put a little column on your home page and ‘pull’ this forum’s content there, so you see that plus any other stuff you want from the web, all on your home page. It’s like being able to customize your daily newspaper.

So instead of visiting the forum, like you say, you would make the forum come to you.

We are actually working on an RSS-based product (not related to brillbaby/brillkids), but that’s all I can tell you for now otherwise I’d have to kill you… :laugh:

KL

Ah ha!

Thanks for the explanation.

you little rascal…what do you have up your sleeve?..I’m sure I’ll be impressed. No pressure! :clown:

Do you mean the bookmark icon on top ? Is that the RSS? I was also wondering about it…

I used to use a utility called feedreader tat I found very convenient.

Adding just a few very useful feeds to your list can help maintain its utility.